Chapter 10- Living in Fear

*Harry's POV*

I walked back into the room, with a towel wrapped around my waist. I expected a mountain of powder to fall on me when I opened the door, but nope. I was still fine. Katherine was no longer staring at the ceiling in thought. She was on her phone, probably texting Lisa her evil plan. I have never been so afraid of my girlfriend before. She really was something else.

When she heard me walk in, she looked up from her phone. Her eyes widened and her cheeks reddened as she stared at my chest.

'You like what you see?' I asked her smirking.

She looked up at me and replied, 'I know that it's true that you have 4 nipples now."

I rolled my eyes and went up to the mirror. 

Looking at her reflection, I told her, 'You can stay if you want to see me naked."

That made her jump out of the bed and run out the door.

I laughed and started to get ready. I looked through my closet to find my favorite blue tshirt. When at first I couldn't find it, i thought this was part of Katherine's revenge. Was she hiding my clothes? But then i looked around my room and saw it underneath a pile of blazers. Should i wear a blazer? No, it's too hot for that.

I pulled on beige shorts and my TOMS that Louis basically forced me to buy. He loved him some TOMS. 

After messily styling my hair to its usual curly perfection, I walked out my room. Katherine was in the kitchen eating cereal. She smiled when I walked in. 

'Hey, love,' I said, walking up to her, and kissing her cheek.

'Hi,' she said smiling, seeming much more controlled and less devious than an hour ago. Yea it takes me an hour to get ready. My hair doesn't fix itself!

'So after you drop me off home, so I can change and do all that, what do you want to do?' she asked, placing a mouth full of Cheerios into her mouth.

'Well, i was actually hoping to meet your parents, and personally explain why you weren't home last night. The rest is a surprise,' I said with a wink.

She froze and said, 'Uhh, that really is not a good idea.' 

'Meeting your parents?' I asked confused.

She nodded.

'Why?' I asked her, still confused.

She bit her lip and I wondered what the problem could be. Am I moving too fast for her? That had to be it. I had only asked her yesterday to be my girlfriend,

'Am I going too fast for you? Because I don't mind waiting longer to meet them. It's just that I wanted to explain to them-' I rambled on until Kat cut me off.

'No, it's not that! Trust me! It's my parents actually. They wouldn't be very...' she struggled for a word, and got it. 'welcoming,' she finished.

'Do they not like you having a boyfriend?' I asked timidly. i had my fair share of over- protective parents, not wanting me to date their daughters. 

'No, it's nothing like that. It's...' she paused a took a deep breath. 'It's just that my parents are alcohol and drug addicts, and I just don't know what they would do,' she completed, throwing her head into her hands.

'I'm so sorry. I didn't know,' I told her wrapping my arms around her, running my hand through her hair.

'It's not your fault,' she said. 'How would you have known. The only two people who know are Lisa and Zayn.'

The fact that Zayn knew angered me. How did he find this out before me? Katherine was my girlfriend.  I put my anger aside, and figured she must have told him this back in that office. Maybe that's why he was comforting her. At least I knew the reason now.