Getting There

Chapter 23- Getting There

I'm so excited!! Today is the day me and Jason get to go visit the Crothers!! All of a sudden I feel a wave of nervousness cause what if I don't know what to say or what if I really was kidnapped.

Jason said he would pick me up at 11 and it 10:15 and I still haven't even gotten ready yet so I go take a shower and when I come out I put on a white shorts and a sky blue shirt with my white vans.

I then brush my hair and put it in a high pony tail. And when I look at the time it says 10:45 so I head down stairs to lie to Amy and Burt about what I'm going to do today.

I head down stairs and see them sitting around the table eating so I go up to them and take a seat.

"What do you want now?" Burt says eyeing me

"Well I'm going to a anther job interview and my friend is going to pick me up." I say lying

"Ok sweetie, have fun." Amy says with a smile.

Sometimes I wonder if Amy does really like me or if it's a act cause she is so wishy washy cause one minute she is all one Burt's side and the next minute she wants to be nice and call my sweetie it's just complicated.

I turn to Burt and he says "What ever I don't care but you better get a job if you want to fix that car.''

"Ok." I say nodding my head

I then look at the clock and see that it's 11 so I say goodbye and head outside to wait.

As I step outside Jason's car pulls up so I head to his car.

------------PAGE BREAK-------------

We are currently driving to the Crothers and let me say the drive is long cause they live in the next town over.

"So do they know we are coming?"I ask Jason

"Well... No" Jason replies

"Really." I say

"Hey, look at it as a..... surprise." Jason says

"Wow." I say smiling

----PAGE BREAK 30 MIN LATER----

"We are here." Jason says pulling into the drive way off a house.

"Finally." I say

"You didn't like driving with me." Jason says with mock hurt

"It would have been better if you never sang every song that was on the radio at the top off your lungs." I say smiling

"So you don't like my singing." Jason says with mock hurt again

"No I don't like your singing, I hate your singing." I say with a smile

Jason laughs then gives me a kiss on the forehead. I then turn back to the house and take a big breath.

"You ready for this." Jason says with a soft comforting voice

"Yeah I'm ready." I say taking anther big breath

"Ok let's go." Jason says taking my hand

We head to the front door hand and hand and once we reach the door I take one finale big breath then I ring the doorbell.