New Friends

Myrtle's POV:

It was after lunch when they all woke up, good thing I had Burgers and Fries delivered from a local burger place. I laid out our orders on plates in the living room area. Devin, was the first to wake up, she gave me a hug from behind as I laid out the plates.

"Love, sorry I slept too long, you must have been hungry." She said to me apologetically.

"It's okay my love. Hindi pa naman ako gutom. I had a super big breakfast before I left home." I smiled and gave her cheek a peck.

"Okay, love. Gisingin ko lang sila Batch at Abby." She said as she walked over the bed.

"Batch, Abby. Gising na. Maglalunch na kami, sige kayo, uubusan namin kayo ng pagkain."

I heard her say. Right after she said her last word, Batch got up and screams at her.

"Hoy, wag mo kaming ubusan ng pagkain." Tatawa tawa si Devin na bumalik at nag-indian sit sa tabi ko.

"Love, bat ganyan si Batch?" I absent mindedly asked her.

"Ganyan talaga siya love, pag dating sa pagkain, hindi yan magpapahuli, may alaga ata siyang sawa sa tiyan nya eh. Kase matakaw sya pero di tumataba." Devin chuckled as Batch and Abby sat with us.

"Mabilis lang talaga ang metabolism ko, isa pa, volleyball varsity player kasi kami ni Abby." Batch said in defense of herself.

"Oo nga, Myrtle. Libero si Batch ng team, ako naman setter." Abby interjected.

"Whoa, talaga? That's nice!" I said as I took a bite from my burger.

Devin was chuckling while the two gave her a deathly stare.

"Right side hitter yan si Devin, she used to be part of our school varsity." Batch said matter of factly.

My eyes widened at the new piece of information about Devin.

"Love, talaga ba? I mean you've never played again when you came in California." I said to Devin, searching for clarification.

"Yeah, I used to play. I got depressed because of Mom's sudden death and with the heartbreak I was experiencing, I couldn't play any more. I had to quit eventually." She said almost coldly.

I hugged her from the side, to let her know she won't have to go through sadness alone.

"That's okay love, those happened for us to meet, those led me to you, remember?" I said to Devin before placing a soft peck on her lips.

"Yeah, sure did." she smiled softly at me before taking a couple of fries into her mouth.

"So, you guys met at school. Buti naman she made a friend here in California." Abby said.

"Uhm, actually, it's funny how we met. The principal assigned me as her buddy, kase nirequest daw ni Uncle Adrian. The principal picked me for being a Straight A student." I laughed.

"Akalain mo, pinagkamalan nya akong special child nun." Devin interjected.

"Talaga ba?" Batch and Abby said. I blushed at the recollection.

"Uhm, yeah. Kase naman, sino bang hindi mag-iisip na special child sya? I mean who gets assigned a friend in school right? You make friends yourself." I said a little too defensive.

"Buti na lang, ang galing talaga ni Uncle Adrian. Kaya idol ko yun eh." Batch said laughing.

"But we have to thank you, Myrtle for being a good friend, Batch and I were worried about Devin. Lagi naming pinagdarasal na sana magkaron na siya ng friend sa new place na lilipatan niya." Abby said.