Sweet Summer

A/N:

Playing on loop habang sinusulat ko ang chapter na ito ay UDD's Indak. Happy 3rd year anniv. RaStro!

Myrtle's POV:

It has been a couple of Months since, natapos ang Sophomore year namin ni Devin. She decided not to celebrate her birthday this year, dahil sa last birthday ko na hindi kami magkasama. We had a simple dinner with Batch and Abby, dahil nataong weekend ang birthday ni Devin. Pagtapos ng dinner, umuwi na kami at gumawa ng mga term papers namin. It was summer and we decided to fly back to California para mag-pahinga muna at makipag summer bonding with our family. We took the summer time as an opportunity to really spend the time together dahil sa darating na School Year, each of us will be busy. I most especially.

Devin and I decided to get schedules that would work around our time for each other, Sinthesis will be releasing a new album with songs from Drei, Aria, Arden and Devin kaya naman this semester is really crucial not only for Devin but for her band as well. After all, the band's album was a hit around campus and they are hoping to reach a wider audience. They were set to go on Tour when college ends, Devin and I haven't talked about it yet. Pero I assured her na hindi ko naman tutulan ang mga pangarap nya, susuportahan ko siya. 

We are lounging at the pool currently, sobrang init. Tamad na tamad akong gumalaw, dahil konting galaw ko pinapawisan na ako. Si Devin, as usual was grilling barbeques, we were having a backyard party with my family and her Dad. Bigla na lang tumabi sa akin si Ate sa lounge chair na kinauupuan ko. 

"Hi, Bunso." She smiled at me. 

"Hey, Ate Madison." I smiled back at her. 

"Yung jowa mong hilaw, nagbarbeque nanaman. Mapapakain nanaman ako nito." She chuckled.

"Ate! Wag ka ngang maingay, mamaya niyan marinig ka niya lumaki pa ulo niya." I admonished her. 

"Myrtle, seriously. Do you have any plans of saying yes to Devin?" she gave me a 'Not-Buying-Any-Of-Your-Shit kind of look.

"Ate, Malapit na akong sumagot sa kanya. I mean look at her, she's sweet, caring, funny, smart, handsome and beautiful at the same time. Kaso, alam mo yung gusto ko munang matapos sa pag-aaral ko and have a career. Parang ikaw at si Kuya Jaime." I smiled at her. 

"Sa bagay, tama ka." Ate smiled at me. 

"Ate, kamusta na pala si Kuya Jaime?" I asked her. 

She then smiled almost to herself as she shows me a ring on her finger. 

"We just got engaged, he'll be flying here to ask Mom and Dad for my hand." she chuckled at me.

"Baliktad naman Ate Madison, diba dapat he'll ask Mom and Dad muna and then ask you?" I chuckled at her. 

"Madison, Jaime just arrived!" Dad shouted all over the house.

"This is it, Bunso. Wish us luck." she said as she gives me a quick hug.

I put on a cover up and approached Devin, who is still busy manning the grill.

"Love, tama na muna yan, pasok muna tayo sa loob, Ate Madison and Kuya Jaime have something to announce." I said as I held her hand in mine.

"Tito Adrian, let's go inside po, there's an announcement my Ate and her long time boyfriend will make." I said to him.

"Sige, Hija let's go." Tumayo ito at sumunod sa amin ni Devin sa loob.

Pagpasok namin sa loob, naupo ako sa tabi nila Mom and Dad, habang si Devin ay nakatayo sa likuran ko. Tito Adrian sat at the ottoman across our couch. Kuya Jaime was standing in front of us, while holding Ate Madison's hand.