Ch. 4

Alex's POV:

     I wake up at John's house where I've been staying, even though I live with my cousin.  I get up and start to get ready for school thinking about Herc and Laf.  Usually after school we hang out until our parents pick us up then everyone who walks leave after that, but yesterday Herc didn't show up and neither did Laf.  

     I walk over to John "do you think Herc and Laf are ok?" I ask him.

     "Oh I'm sure they're fine" said John confident, then his face fell and he said "now that I think about it, it could have gone one of two ways.  One, it went really wellOr two, it went really bad."

     John finishes and I start to think, it would be weird if it went really well they just met, and sad if it went bad because I was just starting to liked Laf.  

     Me and John start to walk to school, I started to walk a little faster cause I wanted to know if everyone was ok.

     John grabs my shoulders to slow me down and turns me so I'm facing towards him "Alex it's going to be ok they will be there and it will be fine" I nod to John, he's always so good at calming me down, we've been friends since we were little and he's always been able to calm me down.

     Me and John walk up to the school and look around for Herc.  We start to walk around and find him at his locker "Herc what happened to you yesterday?" I ask him looking concerned.

     He looks up from his locker "oh everything is ok it's just that Laf was having a hard time and we left right after the bell."

     As Herc finishes I take in a deep breath "oh ok, but what was up with Laf she seemed fine at lunch?" Herc looks at me and I can tell he wasn't sure he should say "you know what I understand not your place to say."

     He nods his head "thanks, I'm really starting to like her and I don't want to mess it up by saying something I shouldn't."

     I look at him with a smirk "you like her or you like her?" I ask him nudging his shoulder with a giggle.

     He blushes, oh my god he soooo likes her "Herc don't even deny it you are so blushing right now" I say looking at him.

     He straightens his face to hide the blushing but not very well "I do not" he says trying to deny it.

Laf's POV:

     I walk into school feeling more confident then yesterday and see Herc, Alex and John talking and I walk over to them "hey, what are you guys talking about?" I ask them.  All of them suddenly stop there conversation and say at the same time "nothing!"

     I look at them weirdly "ok?"

     John changes the subject and says "so how was your first day yesterday?" I look at him "it was better then I thought it would be."

     John looks at me confused "what's that supposed to mean?" he asks.  I look at him not really wanting to fully explain "it's just I didn't expect to meet so many people as nice as you guys" I say with a smile secretly aiming it mostly at Herc.

     They all smile at me "and we didn't expect to find someone as sweet as you to join our group" Herc says and my heart just melts and I start to blush a little and I try not to show it.  Then Alex nudges Herc and Herc almost pushes him over, what was that about?

     We all go along in our classes and one class it's just me and John and we were partnered up and John asks me "so Laf?" I look at him confused "John?" 

     He smirks and says "do you like Herc" I stop breathing and my head goes light.  John sees me freaking out "wo, Laf calm down it's ok you don't have to answer.  But I do have a question, why is it that big of a deal, why are you freaking out?" he asks me looking concerned.

     I look at him breathing normally "it's just I don't want to like him" I say not wanting to go into detail cause I know I'm just going to start to cry in the middle of class.

     John looks at me really confused "so you do like him?  But why do you not want to?" I think about everything that happened yesterday and tears start to well up in my eyes but I wipe them away and give him just a little bit of information.

      "It's a long story I don't want to get into it right now, I've talked to Herc about it a little" I say looking down.

      John nods his head "but Laf I think you two would be really cute together" he says nudging me.

      I smile thinking about me and Herc together "I don't know."

      Me and John walk out of the class room and are talking about me and Herc, we're walking laughing and giggling at each other.

"Oh great look what the cat dragged in from Idaho."

My heart skips a beat and I freeze. I know that voice. John looks at me concerned "Laf who is that?"

I look at him terrified "it's my cousin."