Ch. 3

an: Hey guys I'm sorry that this sucks so far, I just haven't done this before so hopefully it gets better.  Enjoy.

Herc's POV:

     I sit there trying to make Laf feel better but the thing is is that I don't know whats wrong, and I'll admit it I do like her, but right now I can't focus on that I need to find out why she's upset.  Her crying had started to slow down so I ask her calmly "so why are you upset what's going on?" She looks at me her eyes red and puffy, wow even when she's crying she's cute.

     She looks at me sadly and starts to tell me her story "when I was younger I never really had any friends and in 3rd to 5th grade I had a best friend but the next thing I know she had to move away, then after that I joined a "group" that welcomed me in but I never really fit in.  In 6th grade I had a friend but that year she had to leave and I didn't deal with it very well" she says starting to well up with tears again "I... just... thought I would.... never.... be able to.... have a friend... ever again... because I feel... I feel like I will just hurt them.  I feel like if anyone ever got close to me they would get hurt and that's why I'm upset because.... I really like you and I don't want you to get hurt." She finishes starting to cry harder.

     I look at her almost blushing after she said she liked me, but pushed it away "Laf, it's ok, no mater what I'm here for you and I won't ever hurt you or leave you" I say holding her close to me trying to make her stop crying.  She nods slightly.  "It's going to be ok, It's going to be ok" I say over and over to her calming her down and after a while she stops crying and bye this time it's already 4 o'clock and I say to her "I should probably get home soon and you should too, but are you going to be ok?" I ask her not really wanting to go but my parents are going to start to worry.

     She looks at me not crying any more "ya, your right, but I'll be ok" she says.

     We both stand up and start to go separate ways to our houses.  I start walking looking back at her as she walks away thinking to myself "I hope she's going to be ok."

Laf's POV:

     I start walking to my house trying to cover up the red and puffiness of my eyes.  All I can think about is Herc.  He was so understanding and it was so easy to talk to him even though I have stupid childish problems that aren't even that bad but they feel worse then they are, isn't depression great.  I start to think of everything that happened in the last 7 hours going over everything that had happened, cause I know when my parents get home there going to want to know what happened at school today cause they know I have depression and anxiety problems and they are really supportive but sometimes it's hard to talk to them.

     I walk up to my house and unlock the door and head straight for my room.  I flop on my bed staring at the ceiling, and I hear my sisters door open and close.  Oh crap, I forgot she would be home right now, she's probably going to ask where I was at.  She knocks on my door and I let her in.

     "Where in the world were you?" she asks me.

     I look up at her and say "I met someone at school today and we... talked a little after school" I say hoping she would just leave it at that.

    "Oh really?  Who did you meet?  And you talked to them for a hour?" she says looking at me confused.

    "Um... ya, his name is Herc and he is really nice" my sister looks at me with a look to say "go on."  "and we stayed after school and... hung out for a while and lost track of time" I say quickly.

     She looks at me more seriously "did you two..." I cut her off quickly "noooo, we just talked nothing like that" I say and she nods her head "so what did you do cause you were being really hesitant, and second question, a guy?  Tell me what he's like." she says excitedly sitting on my bed next to me.

     I giggle at her then get serious about to tell her what actually happened "well after school I had a slight break down and he sat me down a comforted me until I felt better" I say hesitantly slightly looking down then looked up at my sister continuing to answering her second question "and Herc, he's really sweet" I say with a sigh "and he has a lot of friends that are pretty cool."

    Me and my sister go on longer in our conversation until my parents get home and I just tell them I made some new friends.

    That night I lay down in my bed and say to myself "you might not end up alone after all."