Ch. 5

tw: bullying

Laf's POV:

       John looks up and sees no other but Thomas Jefferson "Thomas leave her alone."

       "Oh shut up homo, I'm talking to my cousin."

       I hate that voice I can't face him.  Every time we have a family reunion I have to face him and he bullies me and beats me up and makes me tell my parents I fell down and hurt myself.  I look up at John "John you don't have to defend me" I say to him.

      "Ya homo boy" Thomas says as his friends James and Aaron come up behind him.

      "Hey Thomas go shut up and pick on someone else" John says harshly, that's the meanest I've ever heard him even though I've only known him for a week.

      I look up at John "John stop your just going to get yourself hurt" I say pleading for him to stop.

      John still looks mad and then I see Herc marching up "what's going on here!?" he says really angry.

      "Oh great now little Laffy has some guards to protect her" Thomas says and his friends laugh.

      Herc starts to get really angry and runs up to Thomas and punches him in the face.  I gasp "Herc!!"

      Thomas gets his balance back and his nose starts to bleed and Thomas punches him back.  Then Alex comes up behind me and starts to fight Aaron before he gets to Herc, and John goes after James.

      "GUYS STOP!!!" I yell at them.  Herc throws his last punch and Thomas goes on the ground and Aaron and James back up "don't mess with her!" Herc says in a deep protective voice.

      I go over to Herc, Alex and John after Thomas leaves and Hercs noes was bleeding and he had some cuts and a black eye and Alex and John were beat up a little but not as bad as Herc.

     "Oh my god Herc are you ok?" I ask him concerned.  He puts his hand to his head "I'll be ok."

     I look at the other two "are you guys ok?" they nod "you guys didn't have to do to that for me."

     Herc looks at me seriously "yes we did, he was a bully and we needed to stand up to him, and if he ever bothers you again, come to me!" he says looking into my eyes.

     I blush a little, no one has ever done that for me "ok, I will.  But first we need to clean you guys up." 

     The guys go into the bathroom and clean up and everyone else came and asked me what happened, I tell them what happened, I explain that they got in a fight.  After I go over everything in my head again.  I start to think to my self "this is exactly what I said would happen who ever gets close to me gets hurt."

      After school everyone leaves and it's left to just me and Herc.  I look up at Herc and tears start to fall out of my eyes "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry Herc."

      Herc looks at me confused and wipes the tears out of my eyes "sorry for what?"

      "I told you... I told you you would get hurt... this is exactly what I didn't want to happen... and I'm sorry I cry so freaking much" I say to him.

      He tilts my chin so I'm looking at him "Laf this was my choice and really I'm ok I swear I am there is nothing to worry about" he says smiling at me.

      I look down "why are you so freaking nice to me?" I say to him and he looks down at me more seriously. 

      "Marie Lafayette I am nice to you because since I first saw you in your locker I knew you were special and the more I learn about you the more I'm glad I went to you that day and asked you if you were ok" he says with a smile.

      I look up at him with a smile "never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I could find someone as wonderful and kind as you" I say with one tear falling from my eye.

      He wiped it off my face and tipped my chin and lightly kissed my lips.

      Holy crap he just kissed me.  He pulls away "sorry I didn't mean to go so fast I'm sorry if it was to fast" he says apologizing.

      I look at him with wide eyes "no it was ok" I say out of breath smiling up at him.

      He smiled "well I should go, see you tomorrow." he says smiling walking away.

      I look at him "ya see you tomorrow" I say still standing there and still a little shocked.  He leaves and I turn around feeling as light as freaking air.  Wow for a first kiss, holy crap.  

      I walk into my house and my sister was sitting on the couch "hey" I say lightly going to my room "Laf? Laf?!" she says going after me.

      I walk into my room and she comes in after me "he kissed me" I say flopping on my bed.

      "WHAT!!!!" she says with wide eyes "WHO!!!! wait was it Herc!?!"

       I smile at her "it was Herc"