Ch. 9

Herc's POV:

     I wake up the next morning, I turn off my alarm clock and get out of bed.  I get ready and start to walk to school.

     I walk up to the school door and stand there to wait for Laf.  I open my phone and scrool throw social l media, I see someone posted about them asking someone to the 7th grade dance.  I look up and I think of something.  

     John walks up to me and says hi I look up at him with excited eyes "what's up Herc?" he asks me confused.

     I look at him "I was thinking about doing a really big gesture and ask Laf to the dance!"  

     John looks excited "that sounds really cool she would love that, how are you planning on doing it?" he asks me.

     I shrug "I'm not sure yet but if I do it would you help me out?" I ask him hoping he would say yes.

     John looks at me "of course I will!"  I look at him "thanks dude!"

     I look around John and see Laf coming up to the door, I smile widely at her as she comes up to me "hey" I say to her with a huge smile.

     She looks at me confused "are you ok, you look oddly excited?" I look at her with a smile "I'm perfect now you're here."

     She blushes, I look back at John "so we can finish talking about what we were talking about later" he looks at me "ok."

     Laf looks confused "ok there is definitely something going on, what's up guys?" she asks looking at me then at John and back "it's nothing, I'll tell you later" I tell her so she doesn't ask anything else.

     She pouts and says "fine" with a sigh and I giggle and kiss her on the head.  

      The bell rings and we walk off to class hand in hand saying goodbye to John.  We get to the class room and go to the back of the room and sit down by each other.

     I sit there not able to focus trying to think of things to do.  I get an idea and pull out my phone and I text Angelica.

Herc: hey angie I had an idea to surprise Laf and ask her to the dance and I was wondering if you could ask her some things for me?

Angie: oh my gosh!  Of course I will, what do you want to know?

Herc: umm, a couple things, one what is her favorite flower, and favorite food and maybe color

Angie: ok I think I can do that, I will ask her and get back to you later

Herc: thanks Angie, your a great help

Angie: of course Herc, you can ask me for anything anytime :)

     I turn off my phone and smile, my plan is starting to work out.  I look over at Laf and I see that she was looking at me confused.  She pulls out her phone.

Laf: who are you texting?

Herc: I was just answering a question for angie

Laf: really you've been acting weird all morning, seriously what is going on?

Herc: I told you I would tell you later

     Laf looks at me with a pouty face as if to say "please" I shake my head with a giggle.

Herc: I said I would tell you later.

Laf: fine

     I giggle and we get done with class and we go to our next class that I have with Alex.  I say goodbye to Laf and go off to the classroom and find Alex.

     "Hey Alex I wanted to tell you that I was planning on asking Laf to the dance, and I already have John and Angie in with it, so I just need to tell you and the rest of the girls" I tell Alex as we walk into the class.

     Alex looks at me with excitement "dude that sounds cool, I think she would really enjoy that" I shake my head in agreement "that's what I thought" I say to Alex.

     Alex looks at me "so what do you want me to do?" he asks me.  I thing for a second "I'm not sure, really what ever you want, anything can help."

     He nods his head "ok, I'll try to think of something but when were you planning on doing it?"  I think "um, I honestly don't know, I just thought of it this morning."

     Alex thinks "maybe I can help out with that, maybe today after school we could plan something."

     I shake my head in agreement "ok, we can do that."

(time skip to after school)

     I say goodbye to Laf and she goes home and me and Alex go and sit down.

     "Ok, so all I know right now is for flowers she likes roses and orchids, for food she's not allergic to anything and likes pretty much anything, and her favorite colors are blue, purple, and black" I say looking at my text from Angie.

     Alex shakes his head "ok, we can do some stuff with that" he says writing everything down.

     After a while me and Alex figure out a plan and I head home.  I go to my room and start to go over everything in my mind.  I lay there thinking about Laf's reaction and after awhile I fall to sleep in deep thought.