Ch. 12

Laf's POV:

     As the last bell rings me and Herc walk out, he looks down at me "hey you want to go to the park for a little bit?" he asks.  I shrug "sure" I say with a smile.

     He looks at me with an excited smile, what is he planning?  We walk out of the school hand in hand and start to walk to the park.

     As we walk Herc pulls out his phone and starts to text someone.  I try to look at who he was texting but couldn't see anything.  He tried on purpose to not let me see, I look at him weirdly "Herc what is going on?" 

     He shrugs and keeps walking without saying anything.  I sigh deeply showing my frustration.  

     As we walk up to the park I see a bunch of lights and purple, blue, and black decorations everywhere by the arch in the park.  I gasp "oh my god, Herc what is this?!" I say looking up at him confused.

     He smiles at me and takes my hand and walks me over under the arch, the next thing I see is a big sign coming up from behind the arch saying "Laf, will you go to the dance with me?"

     Herc takes my hands "Laf, will you go to the dance with me?" I stand there almost to tears "of course I will" I say with a huge smile.  He smiles with excitement and pulls me up and hugs me while kissing my lips.

     I smile into the kiss and I hear tons of claps coming from the bushes and everyone pops out from behind.  Herc puts me down and everyone comes in and hugs us both.

     I look at everyone and see John crying "John you ok?" I ask him with a giggle "oh I'm fine, it's just... you two are so cute" he says wiping his tears away.

     I giggle "you say that a lot."  John nods his head "I know, it's just because it's true" I smile at him "ya I guess we are" I say with a giggle.

     We all talk and laugh for a while then everyone leaves and me and Herc are left, we say our good byes and I start to walk home not able to control the big goofy smile on my face.  

     I walk into my house, my sister looks at me confused "where have you been?"she says with a smirk seeing my smile.

     I smile at her "Herc just asked me to go to the dance with him, and it was so sweet!" I say to her, she gasps "oh my gosh, really?  That's so great!"

     I look off into space dreamily "I know, it was amazing."

(time skip, the day of the dance)

     I get up on the Friday of the dance and throw on some clothes for school with my dress spread out on my bed.  I grab my stuff and head to school.

     I start to walk to school, as I get up to the school I see everyone grouped up.  I walk up to them "hey guys whats going on?" they all look at me "we're just figuring out if we want to do something before or after the dance" says Eliza with a smile.

     I shake my head "ok, so where we at so far?" John looks at me "so far we're thinking about going to a dinner then going to the dance" I shake my head "ok."

(time skip, after school)

     The bell rings and we all quickly leave so we could get ready for the dance.  I get home and run to my room.  I put on a little makeup and take my hair out of the ponytail and put it in a braid.

     By the time I was done getting ready I heard someone knock on the front door.  I get out of my room with my dress and converse on and open the door.  It's Herc and his mouth falls open "wow, you look... wow" I blush "thanks, you do too."

     He holds out his hand and I grab it, he leads me to the car where everyone else was and we get in.  Everyone looks at me "wow Laf you look great" Peggy says, everyone shakes their head in agreement "thanks guys" I say with a blushed smile.

     We get to the restaurant and we eat then head to the dance.  We get there and we all walk in together, me and Herc holding hands. 

     The first thing I see is Thomas and his group and all of his friends look at me and I see Aaron say to Thomas "holy shit, Marie looks hot!" I blush trying to make it look like I didn't hear it, then I see Thomas punch Aaron in the arm and I giggle.

     Me and Herc go out on the dance floor and start to dance, me dancing badly.  We dance and a slow song comes on and I dance with Herc my hands around his neck and his hands on my hips. 

     After the dance we all were tired and the girls feet hurt cause they were wearing heals, but I wasn't cause I really didn't want to.

     Herc walks me up to my house and he says good night and kisses me lightly on the lips.  I say good night and walk into my house, this was a good night.