Chapter Five - Love and Bases

A/N Sorry I wasn't updating for a while, I had to do a bunch of stuff over the weekend! But here's the next chapter!

Keefe was trying to hide his jealously, but much to his dismay, Sophie could see right through the mask he put on.

"Hey Sencen! Why the long face?" Sophie asked, failing to imitate Keefe's way of talking. It did not go very well, and resulted in her sounding like a dying whale.

"Now, Foster, only I get to call you by your last name," Keefe said, his usual smirk creeping up on his face.

"Let's just play Base Quest before I say something embarrassing..." Sophie mumbled, her head hung low.

Keefe frowned. Did I say something wrong? he thought.

He grabbed Sophie's hand and led them over to  their temporary base. He noticed every so often Sophie would zone out for a few seconds.

She was probably telepathically flirting with Fitz. Keefe groaned.

"Hey, hey! Foster we have to work together to set up our base! Don't tell me you're flirting with Fitz now, are you?" Keefe teased as he wiggled his eyebrows.

Keefe's smile vanished when Sophie stayed silent and a pink blush formed on her cheeks.

Keefe pretended nothing happened, and moved on. His heart sank a little, though.

Moments later, Sophie transmitted to Keefe that she had found a decent spot for their base. Keefe turned to walk towards Sophie and stopped in his tracks when he realized the spot she was talking about was under the Panakes Tree. The tree where he had walked in on Sophie and Fitz almost kissing.

Keefe vomited in his mouth a little.

"You alright there, Keefe?" Sophie hesitantly asked, clearly worried since his face was very red - almost purple.

Suddenly, Keefe felt all of Sophie's emotions rush toward him all at once. There was anger, frustration, sadness, heartbreak, and ...

A little bit of love.

A/N *wiggles eyebrows* A lil bit of love for who?! Find out (or not) in the next chapter! As always, thanks for reading my fanfic, and have a wonderful day/night!
Love, Jessica 😜