Chapter one: Inhuman

Hey, guys! Welcome to my first story on wattpad! Since this is my first, please feel free to let me know what you think in the comments! I'm really excited to see how this turns out! Enjoy!

©Ani_Mang
[All rights reserved]
2018

______________________
My alarm clock rang sending me shooting up out of bed.

     7:00 pm.

     Night school began in an hour and I'd still have to walk there! I sped to the bathroom to wash up, and quickly followed by putting on my favorite black hoodie and a pair of matching black jeans and converse.
     I grabbed my backpack and sprinted down the stairs and almost out the door.

     "Lucy, come eat dinner!" My mother shouted as I reached for the doorknob.

     "I don't have time! I'll be late for school! I'll eat something there!" I yelled back at her.

I adored my mom. Ever since I was turned into a vampire, she's been nothing but supportive. She even enrolled me in a night school to help be adjust to being nocturnal.

     As I ran out the door, I could see that the sun was directly on the horizon. I sprinted to the school as fast as I possibly could where my best friend Alex was was waiting for me by the entrance. Alex stood tapping away at his phone, leaning against the brick wall of our building.

     "I was worried you wouldn't make it on time." He said without looking up from his device.

     "I overslept." My heavy breaths were visible in the cool November air.

    Alex looked up with an amused smirk. "Lucy, you have to be the only vampire that sleeps this much." He teased. "Also, your hair's a mess! You should probably brush it before going inside."

     Alex has been a huge help in helping me to adjust to life as an inhuman. He was the first person I met at this school and coincidentally lived down the street from me. Alex is a werewolf, but you couldn't tell at first glance. The only way you would ever know is if you got him angry enough to show you.

    I pulled my brush out of my bag and began to glide it trough my tangled black locks. Alex guided me inside to our classroom where everyone was scattered about, talking to their friends. Surprisingly, our teacher, Ms. Cline, was no where to be found. She was the kind of teacher that would be at school no matter what. It was weird that she wasn't here. Alex and I took our seats and got out everything that we needed for class.

     Our school wasn't like any other school. Our school is held at 8:00pm and ends at 2:00am. Almost all of the students are inhuman, and those that aren't are located in a different classroom. I guess humans don't really want to be associated with us.

     Our teacher Ms. Cline was usually the only human in the room with us, but I still couldn't seem to pick up her scent. Instead, I picked up a different one.

     An inhuman.

     I could tell because their blood smells sweeter than a human's does. Our (human) principal walked in followed by a tall individual who seemed kind of intimidating.

     "Class can I please have your attention." The principal announced.

     Everyone went back to their seats and listened carefully to what he had to say.

     "As you all may have noticed, your teacher, Ms. Cline was not here when you all walked in this morning. Unfortunately, she couldn't handle the idea of teaching inhuman high schoolers, so over the weekend she decided to resign."