Chapter Twenty Four: Here

©Ani_Mang
[All rights reserved]
2018

_________________
Lucy's POV.

I stormed back to my room with the girls close behind me.

"Lucy don't me angry at him. He can't control it!" Kat defended.

"She has every right to be mad Kat!" Violet exclaimed. "He hurt Lee, and almost hurt Xavier too! He's dangerous Kat."

"But he doesn't know what he's doing! There's no way he could snap himself out of this!"

Kat was right, but I hated seeing Alex in a violent way.

"I bet Stein will handle him. I'm going to bed." I mumbled into my pillow. "Goodnight."
-~-
As morning came along, I went downstairs without Alex.

"Lee, is your shoulder all right?" I noticed him clutching it as we sat down for breakfast.

"It's fine." He snapped, avoiding eye contact with Alex. "Max healed it last night."

I looked over at Alex's plate and noticed that he hasn't taken a bite of food. As Mr. Stein came to sit down, Alex left the table.

"I have an important announcement." Stein said without sitting down. "I don't mean to alarm you, but we have reason to believe that Jeremiah's on his way."

The room grew incredibly silent.

"The Council should be here at any moment. Thomas is going to take you to my second home about two hours north of here. Go pack your things. The sooner you all leave, the better."

I quickly ran upstairs to grab my travel bag. I changed into my favorite black hoodie and black boots before meeting everyone back downstairs.

"It's all happening so fast." Kat whispered.

"let's go." Violet led us out of the room and to the front door where Thomas was already loading the boys bags.

I climbed into the back of the car which happened to be next to Alex.

'This is going to be a long car ride.' I thought to myself.

"Thomas will take care of you. If Jeremiah finds you, you know what to do." Stein said gently.

"You're coming back for us right?" Lee asked him.

Stein hesitated a bit before answering, as if he was unsure. "Of course."

"Sir, we need to go." Thomas interrupted.

Stein nodded and watched as the car took off. Alex avoided eye contact with me most of the way to Stein's second home.

Most everyone was asleep halfway through our drive.

Alex put his hand on mine and I didn't bother to move it. I knew he was sorry for what happened last night, but I couldn't bring myself to accept it.

"I told your parents that I would protect to you." Alex said only loud enough for me to hear. "I'm doing a horrible job so far."

"No you're not."

"I can't control my wolf form anymore Lucy." His voice broke as he spoke. "I can't protect you if my wolf won't let me."