Chapter Fourteen: Encouraged

©Ani_Mang
[All rights reserved]
2018

_____________
Lucy's POV

I woke up on a couch in Stein's living room next to Alex. The sun was just rising and I could smell breakfast being made.

I shook Alex awake and smiled up at him. "Good morning, sunshine."

He slowly opened his eyes. "Good morning, moonlight. What time is it?" He asked in a groggy tone. "Also, last time I checked, we were outside."

"It was freezing, so I moved you inside." Stein said as he walked into the room. "breakfast is ready, so join me in the dining room."

We did as he told and followed him to breakfast. The rest of our class was there half asleep and complaining.

"Stein, why did you have to wake us up so early?" Lee grumbled as he dug into his waffles.

"Because you have a lot to learn within the next two weeks." He said as he sipped on a glass of blood.

What was happening in two weeks?

No one questioned him further. Lee and Max were both sitting closer together than usual. I couldn't see their hands from my side of the table, but if I could make a guess, they were intertwined.

Alex noticed me staring at them and smirked.

"Do you know something I don't?" I asked with curiosity.

He shrugged and devoured his breakfast.

He definitely knew something.

I rolled my eyes and continued eating. Kat and Violet were deep in conversation, and ignoring everyone else.

"It's already December." Stein said with slight amusement in his voice. "That means that most kids are going on winter break in two weeks."

"Do we get to go home for the break?" I quickly asked.

I haven't seen my family since the middle of November. I missed my parents and my younger brother.

"I was just getting to that," he smiled. "I've decided to let you all go home for the holidays."

Everyone cheered and thanked Stein. He was an amazing teacher, and an amazing person, but we had to see our families.

"You all just have to promise me that you will be safe. Always pay attention to your surroundings and never go anywhere alone." He preached. "If anything changes politically over the break, stay calm. We'll figure it out when we meet again."

I nodded. I couldn't believe he was doing this for us!

Alex took hold of my hand under the table. "That means we finally get to go on a proper date." He whispered in my ear.

I smiled at that.

"If you're done with your breakfast, meet me in the library."

Alex led me to the library and sat us on the couch. Everyone followed suit, and the last person to enter was Stein.

He was carrying many papers and books for us to study, and Thomas was right behind him.

"I hope you had a good breakfast, because you all are going to have to work as hard as you can mastering these spells before you leave." Stein said in a serious tone. "Also get plenty of sleep. This is gonna take a lot of energy out of you."

Alex squeezed my hand.

"Everyone stand up." Stein commanded. "Now do the spell that I've taught you."