Chapter Twenty: Merry Christmas Pt. 2

©Ani_Mang
[All rights reserved]
2018
_______________
Christmas Day:
Stein's POV

I sat in my office staring at the large gift that Thomas left for me. It was an expensive custom tailored black suit with red lining on the inside. The tie that came with it was blood red as well as the handkerchief.

I smiled to myself and set the gift to the side. I'll have to thank him later.

I sat up from my chairs down left my office only to see Thomas walking towards me with Lilian in tow.

"Merry Christmas, Sir. I hope you enjoyed the gift I left for you." He said with a smile.

"I did. Thank you Thomas." I responded, pulling him into hug.

"I was just on my way to inform you that Lilian has arrived."

Lily stepped to the side so that I could see her better. She was wearing a long black coat and matching black boots.

The dark clothing made her green eyes pop with magic.

"Merry Christmas, Ezra." She said while grabbing my hands.

God I love her.

"I'll leave the two of you to yourselves." Thomas proceeded to leave the room, allowing Lily and I to stand hand in hand.

"Ezra? Are you feeling alright?" She ran her thumb along my cheek. "You still look stressed."

I was. However, it was Christmas Day. I didn't want to worry her with my problems today.

"I'm okay. I just haven't gotten much sleep lately."

She brought her hand back down to mine, worry still plastered on her face. "Take better care of yourself."

I pulled her into a comforting hug, letting her know that everything was okay. Or embrace was soon released when Lilian's phone went off in her pocket.

"I'm so sorry. Let me take this." The concern on her face deepened when she read the caller ID.

"I'll be in the living room."

I gave Lilian some space and headed for my spot on my leather couch. I turned the TV on to the news where they were talking about the freezing cold temperatures outside.

Lilian ended her call and came rushing back to me. "Ezra there's been a problem."

Almost on cue, the news channel changed to a breaking story where both the human and Inhuman council buildings were in flames.

I didn't hesitate to grab my coat and lead Lilian to my car.

"Armiel was the one who called me." Lilian said with slight panic in her voice. "He And Xavier are waiting for us at the council building."

I was too shocked to say anything. There were so many questions. I drove, not caring about the speed limit or the fact that it was snowing outside.

We finally arrived at the scene. Both buildings were engulfed in flames and paramedics were tending to people who were injured. The police were also there doing a full investigation. The fire department was struggling to put out the fires.

"Ezra!" Armiel shouted.

I turned around to see him and Xavier slowly walking towards me. They both appeared to be fine, but Xavier looked pissed.