Chapter Twenty Five: Battle

©Ani_Mang
[All rights reserved]
2018

________________

Stein's POV

I looked around the room at all of the kid's terrified faces.

I'm really was running out of places to hide them.

"Stein, if there's nowhere to go, we'll just have to join the fight." Alex spoke up. "You've taught us what we needed to know."

That's the last thing I wanted. I needed to keep them out of the battle for as long as I could. I didn't want them getting hurt.

Before I could answer Alex, my phone began to ring.

"Jeremiah's at the manor, and he's not alone." Lilian announced. "Abigor's legion is here. Too."

"Call Vadoll. Now. We need his men."

"He's on his way. Xavier and Armiel are holding him off for now." I could hear shouting and howling in the background. "Ezra, get here quickly."

The kids all stared at me like I had three heads.

I didn't know what to do.

If I left them here Jeremiah would find them very quickly, but if I took them with me they would be placed in the center of battle.

"Ezra." Thomas spoke quietly, still clenching his chest. "Take them with you."

I was about to protest, but Thomas let out a small "go."

I clenched my first and led the kids out to the car that Thomas took. Alex took shotgun while everyone else sat in the back.

We drove through the chilly night as fast as I could.

"Lucy, have you had any blood today?" I asked.

"No." She seemed annoyed that I asked.

I reached into the console of my car and pulled out a small red box, and handed it
to Lucy. "Take a blood tablet and let it dissolve under your tongue. Lee, take one too."

I couldn't afford for their energies to be low tonight. I had a gut feeling that something would go wrong tonight.

The two hour drive in the car was eerily silent. I could feel the kid's fear.

"I want you to know that I'm very proud of you guys." I said out of the blue. "You've been through hell and back, yet you're still fighting."

"Stein, we'll be fine. Okay?" Lee spoke.

I knew they would be fine. I wasn't so sure about myself or the council.

"I know you'll be fine." I admitted. "Just do me a favour and stick together alright? No matter what happens, watch each other's backs."

We pulled into my manor where Joshua and a few of my other servants met us.

"Take them to my quarters." I instructed them.

That's was the safest place I could think of. My room was covered in protection spells.

"And Joshua, get my sword." Joshua nodded and led the kids inside.

I took a deep breath before leaving the car. I have to go.

I jogged to the front lawn where I found Lilian and the council using everything to fight for their lives. Jeremiah stood still behind Abigor and his other men.

He made eye contact with me and smirked.

I felt my fangs pierce my bottom lip as I darted towards him, only to be stopped by another familiar face.

His pale eyes stared at me in amusement before he showed his fangs. His long black hair flew behind him as he ran at me at full speed.

"Remember me, Ezra?" He asked while swinging at me. "It's been a few decades."

I couldn't see him well since I was dodging him.

"No?" He had fake sadness in his voice.

He managed to pin me on the grass so that I could see his face better.

James Heartwright. He was one of Jeremiah's friends growing up. I tried to push him off of me, but he was too strong.

I looked over to my right to see Lilian trying to fight off Delilah, and by the looks of it, she was losing. Xavier, Armiel and the pack alphas we're still fighting Abigor's demons.

"You should be on our side, Ezra." James hissed. "Its disgraceful for royal pureblood to defend these evil humans."

I felt one of his hands snake around my neck.

Before any damage was done, Joshua came through, placing my sword into James's back.

As James rolled over, I took that as my opportunity to escape and pull the sword out of his back.

"If you think you can win, Ezra, you're wrong. Just wait, our lives will be so much easier after today." James snickered as he clutched his abdomen. "Once the Council is gone-"

Bam!

A gunshot was fired leaving James motionless on the ground.

I looked around for the source of the fatality only to see General Vadoll and his men stationed down my driveway.

I only counted about one hundred Inhuman soldiers. One legions our soldiers was nothing compared to the thousands of demons Abigor had on command.

"Ezra, we're out numbered." Vadoll spoke. "We need a plan."

I didn't have one.

"Jeremiah made a contract with the demon Abigor. The only way to get rid of these demons is to kill my brother."

Vadoll nodded and began giving orders to his men.

With a shout, Vadoll's legion charged towards Abigor's demons who flew back with full fury.

I took that opportunity to help Lilian who was still fighting off Delilah.

She's running out of energy.

I started drawing energy into my hands slowing using my magic to turn it into electricity.

I directed it towards Delilah, who happily turned her attention away from Lilian to me.

"Ezra." She said with a hint of surprise in her voice. "Always nice seeing you and Your girlfriend together."

Her brown hair was shortened to an ear length bob.

She wasn't my girlfriend.

I wasn't here to make conversation, instead I directed another wave of electricity towards Delilah hitting her square in the chest.

While she was down, I rushed to Lilian's side.

"Are you alright?" I asked gently.

"I'm okay, but look." She pointed her fingers towards Jeremiah who was finally making his way onto the battle field.

Abigor was following closely behind him.

I looked around me to see half of Vadolls men down and the remaining half too injured to continue.

Xavier and Armiel weren't doing too well either, and the pack alphas were losing as well.

We're done for.

I closed my eyes for a moment only to think about my students who were still inside.
I tried to keep them out of this battle for as long as possible, but I needed reinforcement.

I didn't know what to do.

"Ezra."Lilian began. "We need them."
_____________
The book is almost over! I'm sorry that this chapter was so short, but don't worry the next one will make up for that!
Don't forget to comment share and vote!
Thanks for reading!