Chapter Five: Home

We did it! 100 reads! Thanks again for all of your support! Here's a slightly early update.

©Ani_Mang
[All rights reserved]
2018

_______________

"We're here." Mr. Stein announced as he pulled up to a very large house.

It was located far from the city and surrounded by a thick forest of trees. His front yard met the tree line and kept the house very well hidden.

An older gentleman greeted Mr. Stein and opened his car door

"Good evening, sir." He spoke, his voice raspy from old age. "I see you're not alone."

"Thomas, there's been a situation. Please get two rooms upstairs ready, and get the chef to prepare dinner. There needs to be room at the table for seven tonight."

Thomas nodded. "Is everything alright, sir?"

Mr. Stein answered him in a language no one else could understand. I couldn't tell what it was, but it sounded like Latin.

"Everyone, out of the car. Thomas ,here will show you where you will be staying."

We spilled out of the vehicle and followed Thomas inside. Mr. Stein followed behind us.

"I'm so sorry that this is happening. I promise I will explain everything during dinner." He sighed.

Mr. Stein turned away and walked down one of his many hallways.

"Are you like his butler?" Kat asked curiously.

Thomas gave her a kind smile. "I'm actually his steward. The butler is inside taking care of a few things inside the house along side our two maids."

Alex and I exchanged glances.

"I've been working under his family for over two hundred years. I've watched Ezra and his brother grow up into two handsome princes and councilmen."

I forgot that Mr. Stein descended from royalty. His house was definitely fit for a king.

Thomas led us up the stairs and into a long hallway. At the end of the hall were two doors.

"Here are your rooms. Boys on the left girls on the right. There is a bathroom in both rooms as well as one down the hall and to the right. I will have a maid bring up some clean clothing for you. I will come up and bring you all to dinner once it is ready."

We all nodded and thanked Thomas before tucking into our rooms. The girls room had two beds, a couch, and two vanities. It was very similar to a hotel, but felt much more at home.

Violet looked at herself in the mirror, examining herself.

"I didn't realise they took off so much!" She squealed while running her hands through her hair.

She pulled her bob into the shape of a ponytail and ran her hand through it, returning it back to its original length. I knew I hated her, but her magic was actually really cool.

Kat spread herself out on one of the beds, and almost instantly fell asleep. Even though she was in her human form, I could definitely see her catlike tendencies. A small young woman knocked on the door and quickly opened it.