4|A Bad Day

Ruby returned home exhausted, her and Blacker had pin-pointed all the locations the Count was seen on a map and also tried to find a pattern- but they were no closer to knowing what would happen next.

"Hey kid, you don't look so happy."

"You wouldn't either if you were me."

"And you won't be happy after deliver this piece of news." smirked Hitch.

"Don't tell me, we have to go to the Humbert's place..."drawled Ruby sarcastically.

"Spot on!"

"Oh man, I was just kidding... wait are we actually going?"a hint of annoyance in her voice.

"Yep, you are actually going."

"Seriously?"

"Affirmative." With that Hitch left Ruby to moan and whine by herself. Ruby was a likeable person, but her moaning was something else altogether.

Just then there came a buzz through the intercom:

"Redfort."

"Yup, what other news to you have that would make me sink further in my shoes?"

"Your mum said to wear the pink 'floaty dress'."

"Seriously!" exclaimed Ruby, "pink isn't my colour and floaty isn't my style, how worse can this day get?"

"I'm not disagreeing with you kid."

"Your not agreeing with me either." muttered Ruby.

"Well, kiddo, as much as I'd like to chat with you- I've got to do other stuff and you've got to come down looking adorable for your mother." Hitch smiled, it was funny seeing Ruby so angry, and this was one of those lucky days.