18|The First Meeting

Hitch was now the temporary head of Spectrum 8 while LB didn't recover. He finally got away from the paperwork. It's been a while since he had seen Ruby, Bradley and LB.
He knocked on the door.

"May I come in?"

"Of course." He walked in to see all three if they playing an intelligence quiz.

"You, guys seem to be enjoying yourselves." He commented, eyebrows raised. He looked at LB, she hadn't enjoyed herself this much for the last eleven years.

"Come on Hitch, join us my friend!" Called Bradley.

As he played Hitch thought back to how they first met, it almost mad him laugh.

————————————————————————
LB just walked into the Spectrum foyer.

"What is a woman doing here?"whispered an agent who had just strolled in. The other just shrugged his shoulder.

Out of all just one stood, the wonder, the talented Bradley Baker. He was the only one who did not make snarky comments but showed interest in her.

Her cold eyes raked all the agents in turn, they felt uneasy almost as suddenly.
Everyone looked at Baker, someone near him muttered:

"Go on then wonder agent, you should be the one to introduce us."

"Thanks, Sam you are a help."

Warily, he stepped out of the male crowd.

"Hello, I am Agent Baker pleased to meet you."

She gave him a quizzical look, " I am LB, pleased meeting you too." She made a gesture as if shaking a hand. Bradley reciprocated. This raised many eyebrows.

"So," she continued, " Are all the agents here so patriarchal?" Instantly everyone knew that LB was a woman not to be messed with.

"Ummm..."

"No answer? Why thank you, I wouldn't expect answers from such idiots." She shrugged and walked away. Baker was left in half sentence.

A little boy ran up to him and started guffawing at the fact that very talented Bradley Baker had just been over taken by a NEW FEMALE AGENT.

When the effect of the incident wore off everyone, went to clap on Bradley's back.

And through out the week whenever he passed LB and others always said:

"Taking a liking to her are we?"

He was totally and utterly awestruck. Everyone had realised. And as LB grew up to be one of the finest Agents Spectrum had, LB softened and they both came together to be a dynamic duo.
———————————————————————-
Hitch was amazed as he remembered their first meeting till now. What a journey.....