5|Happy Birthday!

The next day Ruby came hopping down the stairs.

"Morning Mom!" shouted Ruby as she ran out the house with her school bag.

"Happy birthday, darling!" said Sabina.

"Thanks Mom! " Ruby shouted, luckily she didn't hear what her mum said next.

"Oh honey, Barbara coming to our houde house for your birthday party today , so come home early..."

Ruby sprinted all the way to The Double Donut Diner to celebrate her birthday with her friends.

Just as she walked in there was an uproar of happy birthdays coming from one table- her friends.

"Thanks guys..." said Ruby, she personally didn't like all the attention which was being given to her- but it was kind of what her friends do.

"Happy Birthday!"

"Happy Birthday Ruby!"

"Thanks..."

"Happy Birthday!"

"Happy Birthday Redfort!"

Finally all the noise calmed down and everyone was sat at the table eating a Sunday style breakfast on a Monday. As they talked it seemed Ruby had forgotten all about the horror that may be awaiting her and she sat carefree enjoying another day...

"Guys, lets just have one banana shake," begged Elliot.

"No!" said everyone, "we'll be late for school!"

But after a lot of arguing they finally finished their shake and ran to the bus stop.

But the bus had already left.