14|Grief- Stricken

He sat there right next to her- watched her breathe, watched her move, watched the pain she was going through, but what ever the urge, he sat there never leaving her for a second. Every time she tried to talk, he just squeezed her hand. And when she was asleep he caressed her hair. When she tried to scream, he talked to her, even though he knew she couldn't hear him. And when at once she stopped and lay still, tears would form. But whatever happened he never left her for a single second, and finally he knew who he was. Who she was. And what they meant to each other. That with out one, the other was incomplete. And sometimes in wait, he would fall asleep at her bedside.

Dr. Harper walked in, but stopped in her tracks. She looked at the scene in front of her. Baker sitting on the floor, holding LB's hand and sleeping. The sight was beautiful, they were a couple, unbreakable. She smiled. And walked back not wanting to stop the fairy tale.

Ruby walked in a minute later, and saw what would be considered heart- breaking. She sat next Bradley and watched him. This scene was only the slightest of what they meant to each other. Finally she fell asleep, a tear rolling down her cheeck.

Bradley, Loveday and Ruby. They seemed all the world like a family, their grief not letting them move.