10|A Good And Bad Surprise

They sat in LB's office astounded, everyone had one question in mind: How?

"How did this happen?" asked Blacker. "How'd we even have his body?"

It was LB's turn to reply. "We decided that SJ could take a look and examine Baker's body, for her piece of mind... and ask SJ what happened next because I just got informed."

"I was just walking into the lab, when I heard someone coughing and spluttering and that's when I went in to see Baker."

"A miracle..."

Agent Delaware and Kekoa just nodded.

"I have one request..." started SJ, "can we inform Ruby and Hitch about this?"

There was silence.

"I don't see why not..." replied LB getting more unsure nods from Agent Delaware.

She buzzed for Walter.

"Walter, call for Ruby and Hitch, pronto." and disconnected.

"Agent Hitch and Agent Redfort, please report to the reception immediately." Lucky for Hitch and Ruby, they had just entered Spectrum. They went to the reception.

"LB wants to talk to you." Walter said and waves them bye.

"OK." They walked inside LB;s white washed room and Ruby gasped. Hitch also looked surprised but not so dramatically.

"Bradley Baker, is that you?" asked Ruby.

"Sure is." And he smiled warmly at them. Just then it seemed Ruby had forgotten all about the Count.

"SJ went in her lab in the morning and found him spluttering and coughing." said LB, "and now he is here."

They started explaining how he ended up in Spectrum and so on, when Hitch decided to break in.

"Ruby met the Count yesterday." everyone looked shocked, even Baker (who had been filled in).

"Explain." Ruby looked up.

"But I know someone who does want to kill you- you could say another Casey Morgan. But this person is different. Very different..." Ruby recited.

"So that means we have another mole, but this time worse." said LB looking elegantly dressed in white.

"Yes." LB looked at Baker.

"We have a theory." interrupted Hitch. "Casey Morgan may have been working with this other person- who wants to kill Ruby."

"It could be someone in spectrum 1, 2 and so on." added Ruby.

Everyone pondered on the thoughts that had just come to view. And finally they were dismissed.