11|LB In Colour

Ruby went into Spectrum the next day but she noticed something- everyone seemed shocked. Blacker just walked into the foyer.

"Hey Blacker..."

"Oh hey Ruby!"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course, go on."

"Why does everyone look like they just got a second birthday?"

"Oh that, it's LB." he shrugged. "Apparent..." he was interrupted by the an announcement.

"Agent Redfort please report to reception."

"Oh man, can a person talk with out getting interrupted?" asked Ruby in annoyance.

"That's the Ruby I know." smiled Blacker.

"OK, buster I'll catch up some other time." and she ran to the front desk.

"Hey Walter, what you got for me?"

"Me? I've got nothing. LB? She's got something." he pointed to her office. Ruby nodded. She knocked in the door.

"Come in." drawled a gravelly voice.

"You ca..." she stared at LB. LB was wearing a colourful dress, looking strikingly elegant and beautiful, but also happier she actually seemed to smile.

"Redfort, quit acting like a goldfish and take a seat."

"OK," just shrugged, some pretty weird things were going on in Spectrum recently and this was the weirdest so far.

"So, where did you see the Count?"

"I went outside to take some fresh air and he just appeared." LB nodded.

"Go to Backer's room, he needs to discuss somethings with you." She picked up the phone and launched into a different conversation.