Part One

It was the Friday before Fall Break. I was even being watched by Mrs. Fulton. I'll explain her later. Anyway, I went to my last class of the day. My head was already pounding due to all the stress and my teachers' stupid lectures. I sa down in my seat toward the back of the room. The guys in the way back behind me moaned with my name, making fun of my gayness. I was better than them, obviously.

Class ended after an hour. We got out of school early for Fall Break. It was about 2:45 when we were released. I went to my locker to grab my science project that was due Wednesday, the day we get back from Fall Break. It wasn't a partner project, but there was no way I was going to finish it alone.

I usually had Zumba class or running to do after school, but everything was cancelled today. I called my brother, Mike, telling him to come pick me up. He sighed because he didn't want to, like usual, but my parents were working and my sister was not answering her phone, probably knowing that I needed a ride. My brother was sixteen with a girlfriend. Her name is Cheryl. She is very nice, even though I don't see her often. Mike is always at her house so I rarely see either of them.

When Mike pulled up in his black Firebird, I saw Cheryl sitting in the passenger seat. I sighed deeply because I had to squeeze in the back since the car was only a 2-seater. Mike pulled in the driveway as I hopped out. Mike went in reverse and they were off to Cheryl's house. Mike was never home, except for sleeping, since his curfew was at 12am.