Chapter 6

Lucy's POV

Everything really is better up here. I was in the park. Up a tree. Same old, same old. I figured Liam would eventually find me, so I didn't have much time alone with my thoughts. 

First things first, it's been three hours since I called Connor. Why hasn't he called back. If I call him again... wouldn't that just make me seem desperate. But I sort of am desperate. I need to know we're alright. I mean. I've lived in LA for three years, still miserable. And the past year I've spent getting to know Connor, I was actually starting to feel again. I need him more than ever. He'd know what to say. He'd know how to make me smile.

I looked up at the sky. It was really cloudy out. The sky almost looked angry or upset. That was one thing I missed. I actually loved the rain. LA didn't have much of that. I felt a rain drop hit the top of my hair and I smiled. Soon it began to pour. I was drenched, but I didn't care. I was actually smiling for once. And it wasn't fake. I began to hum.

And then sing.

"I don't mind spending everyday, out on your corner in the pouring rain. Look for the girl with the broken smile. Ask her if she wants to stay a while. And she wiiiiiill be loved. And she wiiiiiill be looved."

Connor's POV

After eating in the diner, it started to rain. Trevor, Sam, and Ricky took a cab to the store to buy some more food for us before tonight's show.

Jc, Kian, and I sat on the tour bus couch.

"It's so quiet," Kian yelled, still on his energy high.

"Then turn on the radio or something," Jc said with his head in his phone, probably texting Lia.

"Alright."

Kian walked over to the bus' radio and turn on one of the local stations. Clocks by Coldplay blasted through the bus.

"Ooh, good song," I smiled.

We all sat listening to the music.

'Come out upon my seas

Cursed missed opportunities am I

A part of the cure

Or am I part of the disease, singing

You are, you are

And nothing else compares

You are, you are

Home, home where I wanted to go

Home, home where I wanted to go'

Once the song ended, the station began to play the next song. When I heard it a part of me got sad, but another part of me, my mouth in particular, smiled, and relaxed.

'Beauty queen of only eighteen, she had some trouble with herself.

He was always there to help her, she always belonged to someone else.

I drove for miles and miles and wound up at her door.

I've had her so many times,

But somehow, I want more.

I don't mind spending every day

Out on your corner in the pouring rain.

Look for the girl with the broken smile,

Ask her if she wants to stay a while.

And she will, be loved.

And she will, be loved.'