Chapter 21

I would like to make this clear, if I have not already. Connor has come out and told us he is gay. I really respect him and am proud that he is so brave for accepting who he is. I think that is amazing for him. I want to stress that this entire thing - Lunar and Long Distance - are imaginary stories. They are not real at all. They are just things that I wrote that just came to me as an idea November of 2013. It's a year later, and all of the things I had planned for this story changed. People grow and define who they are and I cannot be more proud of Connor for that. That being said, I am not ignoring that Connor is gay, I am just finishing the story. The story where he is in love with Lucy. It is a story. Okay? I just want you all to understand that.

 <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Lucy's POV

I was wrapped in his warm arms. He had just told me he was still in love with me. It should have been the perfect moment. And yet, I was... angry... confused. I didn't really know.

"Luce," I heard Liam call, followed by running foot steps. "Oh," he had said when he saw me and Connor hugging.

"Hi, Liam," Connor said nervously scratching the back of his neck.

I was missing some information. Like usual.

"Connor," Liam said. He then looked at me and I gave him pleading eyes. "Nice watch," he said turning back to Connor.

"Thank you... I just bought it actually," he said hitting the hand with the watch on one of his pants pockets.

"Cool," Liam said letting out a puff of air, as if to say 'I really don't care.' "Well. Anyways, Lucy, there's a cab here to take you back to the hotel."

I looked at Connor.

"As in, we should leave," he added.

"Okay, um. Do you want to come?" I asked Connor.

"You don't have to be nice to me, when I clearly haven't been."

"Well, I want you to."

His face lightened.

"We have to talk about some things," I continued, and then his face turned pale again.

We traveled back to the hotel in silence. The only words to leave my mouth in the cab was a "thank you" to the driver. It was the same in the elevator. No words. Just silence.

I opened the door to my room. Marcus was still out. Connor walked ahead of us and sat down on my bed ready for the talk. Liam pulled me out of the room before I could follow behind Connor.

"What?" I hissed.

"Lucy, please remember what I said."

"I will, I just want to hear what he has to say to me."

"Lucy. I just..." he stopped himself.

"What?"

"I've known you my entire life. You feel things so much more than other people. I just don't want you to forgive and forget."

"You do realize who you are talking to right? The girl who'd rather have her ex-boyfriend die from hypothermia in the pouring rain than let him in the house."

"Yeah, but that was Aidan."

"And this is Connor, what's the difference."

"You love him."