Chapter 18

Lucy's POV

Last night was such a success. I made about three times the amount of money I usually make. And Lucas was no where to be found. It was the best thing ever. 

Today Marcus said he had a surprise for me. Not going to lie, when he woke me up saying this I was beyond nervous. I had to spend the whole day imagining what it could be. My mind thinks of some pretty disturbing things. But, when he brought me down to the pier early I was ecstatic.

"Lucy Moretti," Jerry said through a grin.

"Jerry, hey!" I said giving him a hug. "Thanks for letting me use your stand."

"No problem, guess what."

"What?"

"I'm staying for your set."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I want to see the artistic monster I created."

"Well I don't start for another hour," I said looking at the big clock that read 5:17.

"Dinner rush, smart."

I laughed to myself.

"What?"

"I know what I'm going to paint first. It's for you."

"Oh gosh..."

"Don't worry, it'll be great," I laughed.

And it was.

I painted an artistic monster. Like a literal monster. But with colors and abstract techniques. Out of everything I had ever painted, it was my favorite. I worked harder on it than any other piece I'd ever done.

I didn't notice that a crowd had formed around me. When I began the piece, it was just Jerry. He was now in a sea of people "oohing" and "aahing."

I looked up when I finished and people began applauding. It was Jc and Kian. I rolled my eyes, although they couldn't see it through the gas mask.

"Can I buy that?" someone yelled from the crowd.

"How much for it?" another called.

I took the gas mask off. This didn't happen often, and it was exciting when it did. We were going to auction off the painting.

"We'll start at... One fifty," Marcus said excited into a microphone.

"Yeah, one fifty"

"Two hundred?"

"Yup."

This went on for a while. I ended up mouthing funny things back and forth to Jc and Kian instead of paying attention. 

"One thousand!"

When I heard someone say one thousand I almost choked. That's so much money.

"Sold to the gentleman in the back for one thousand dollars."

I turned around and saw Jerry smiling.

"Thank you," I mouthed.

"No problem," he mouthed back.

"Okay, Lucy, next painting," Marcus called.

"Do you take requests?" Jc said.

"Yes... but I think I know what you're going to ask for, so I'm just gonna do it."

I put my gas mask back on and gathered together my white, blue, yellow, and gray paints and a new canvas.

After ten minutes I had spray painted a very cloudy sky, and a little sunset behind the clouds. I was really proud with how it came out, and I could tell Jc was too. He was grinned from ear to ear.