Chapter 11

Connor's POV

"How are you feeling?" Kian asked. 

He was sitting in my room as I packed to go back to Minnesota. I knew I shouldn't procrastinate with packing so I decided to do it to occupy my brain.

"Better knowing everyone is being so supportive," I said truthfully.

"How was the run?"

"Uh-good," I sighed.

A knock came on the door. "Sorry to interrupt," Jc said walking in, "But me and Ricky would love it if you two came to the kitchen," he had a mischievous smile.

"Why?" Kian asked.

"Don't ask, just come," he gestured.

I didn't care at this point, so I followed behind Jc. Eventually Kian followed along as well and caught up quickly behind us. Jc led us into the kitchen, all while my nostrils where going crazy. It smells so good in here!

On top of the counter was a giant plate of fish tacos. I smiled. Jc and Ricky had made me my favorite food to cheer me up. These are the little things I loved about living with these guys.

"When did you make these?" I laughed.

"I started preparing everything while you and Ricky were still running," Jc said.

"And when we got home I helped him cook while you were in you room," Ricky added.

"Where the hell was I throughout this whole thing?" Kian questioned.

"Keen da bean, you're in your own other world."

We all abrupted into laughter, I only stopped to take a bite out of a taco. Mmm. This is so good! I love food. Who needs girls when I have a nice plate of fish tacos.

As if by some strange fate, my phone began to ring. And just as we had all sat down to eat dinner like a family. I casually grabbed my phone and looked to see who was calling.

"Who that?" Jc questioned through a mouthful of taco.

"I-G-G-Y!" Kian laughed bobbing his head back and forth.

"Seriously who is that," Jc repeated now glaring at Kian.

"It's Lucy..." I listened to the phone ring again. "Should I answer it?"

"Are you suffering from something?"

"Answer the phone!"

"Hello?"

Lucy's POV

I was distracted the entire night. All I could think about was calling Connor. Who knew how he felt? I did, probably depressed and upset like he used to be. I bet he was probably at the train tracks, too.

As soon as I finished the final painting I began to pack up. Usually I'd take my time, try to speak to any of the people who knew English, but today I was in a hurry to get back to the hotel. I needed to talk to him. 

Alone.

I looked around. Marcus and Lucas were busy carrying some of my equipment. I grabbed one of the containers of paints and ran to catch a taxi.

"Lucy?" I heard Lucas call, but I didn't bother turning around. I just kept running.

When I finally made it back to the hotel I dropped everything. I didn't even bother shutting the door. I quickly dialed Connor's number.

"Come on, Connor. Answer your phone, Connor."

It kept ringing. And ringing. I was sure I was going to voicemail.