hope - 4

~4 Days Later~

~Jia POV~

I was being released from the hospital today.

To be honest, I was a little sad to leave. My Nurse, Soomin, had been kind and understanding. She had held my hand when I woke up in the middle of the night screaming. I would miss her. I would also miss the structured and organized hospital. The schedules helped me cope with everything. I made a mental note to create my own daily schedule when I returned home.

I glanced at the paper I was holding in my hand. Taehyung's phone number. I was determined not to lose it. I almost had a heart attack yesterday when I saw Soomin about to throw the scrap of paper in the trash.

I would have texted or called him by now, but my phone had been in my coat pocket, which I had lost in the river. Memories of the cold water made me shiver.

The first thing on my to-do list when I got home was to get a new phone so I could contact Taehyung.

The drive home was short, and I quickly paid the taxi driver as soon and we can to a stop. I approached my apartment, but I felt uneasy. Nervous. Since I tried to take my own life, everything I've experienced has been new. Meeting Taehyung and Soomin, being in the hospital, all of it was new. But going back to my apartment, it was a reminder that things hadn't truly changed. Maybe I had changed, but nothing else had.

Pushing aside my thoughts, I went inside.

~Taehyung POV~

I looked at my phone for the hundredth time that day. The hospital has notified me that Jia would be released today. It had only been a few days since her attempted suicide, and I was worried about her. I knew had been on suicide watch for the past few days and they had deemed her stable. But, that doesn't make her okay.

I was pretty sure she lived by herself, which only made me worry more. I didn't want her to endure her pain alone.

My phone buzzed, and I scrambled to pick it up. It was a text from an unknown number.

~Text Conversation~

???: Hey Taehyung, it's me, Jia. Sorry I didn't text earlier! I had to get a new phone.

Me: No problem. How are you? Out of the hospital?

Jia: I'm doing ok. My wrist is healed, and I just have some bruises here and there. You?

Me: Honestly, I've been worried about you since you hadn't texted me yet. It didn't cross my mind you could have lost your phone. But, I'm feeling much better now that I know your okay.

Jia: Aw! No need to worry.

Me: Hey, would you like to meet me at tomorrow? For lunch?

Jia: Yeah! Where?

Me: That tiny park downtown?

Jia: That's perfect. I can walk there. Can't wait!

Me: Yeah! See you, Jia.

~End of Text Conversation~

I turned off my phone and smiled. One of my roommates, Jimin, walked into my room.
"Yah, what are you smiling about?" He said.
I did my best to stop smiling, and said, "Nothing, Jimin-ah. Am I not allowed to smile?"