family - 17

~Taehyung POV~

When Jia told me she was pregnant, I was overcome with joy. I had always loved kids and wanted to be a dad. Not to mention, I was so in love with her that this type of commitment wasn't something I balked from. Not with her.

In fact, I wanted her to come with me to meet my parents. I had brought girls home before, but never someone like Jia. Never someone who I loved as much as I love her.

About a week after she told me about being pregnant, I mentioned going to visit my parents while we laid in bed one morning.

"I don't know. I've never been 'brought home' by someone before." She said, running her hands through my hair.

"It's nothing to be nervous about. They'll love you. Everyone loves you." Her light blush at my words made me smile.

"I guess we'll go then. Will we tell them I'm pregnant?" I pondered her question.

"I don't think we should tell them at first. It's not the best way to start off you're relationship with them." She nodded, and we went back to sleep.

~~~

~Jia POV~

A couple days later, I was getting dressed and throwing some things in my suitcase for the trip me and Taehyung were taking to go see his parents. I was trying not to be nervous. Honestly, I was scared they would remind me of my own parents, and I wouldn't be able to handle being around them. Regardless, I finished getting ready and hopped into the car.

It would have been much quicker to take a plane, but I don't think I was ready for that yet

It would have been much quicker to take a plane, but I don't think I was ready for that yet. I might never be.

Taehyung completely understood, and didn't complain once about having to drive for hours on end. I didn't deserve him.

Still, though, I was feeling a little depressed. It just wasn't a good day.

To distract me, Taehyun said, "I've been thinking about baby names. Both boy and girl names. If it's a girl, I'd like to name her Nari, after my sister, and if it's a boy, Hyeon, after your father. I realized we haven't even told anyone yet. I think we should have some ridiculous party and invite everyone. I'm so excited to have a baby with you." I smiled at brightly, and couldn't help but start to daydream about our future.

"I love the names. I couldn't have picked better ones." He beamed at me.

Eventually we arrived at Tae's parents house. I had a flashback to our first kiss, and when he ran away here because he didn't want to confront me. We had come so far since then.

Right after I got out of the car, a middle aged woman, probably in her fifties, opened the front door and came running towards me and Taehyung. She was very pretty, even though she was older. I laughed internally. Of course she was beautiful, Tae must have gotten it from somewhere.