tragedy - 19

~Jia POV~

The doctor came in to tell us the news about Nari thirty three minutes and twenty two seconds after they had originally taken her away. Only the counting had kept me sane.

It was so damn frustrating that I couldn't do anything to help her. My baby's life was not in my control.

When the doctor came in, I didn't think I was breathing. His steps were so, so slow, his shoes making a small clicking sound as the crossed the floor.

When he spoke, his voice low and raspy, he said, "Your baby is intensive care. She isn't breathing on her own, but her heart is still beating. But we aren't sure if she will last. I recommend going to see her."

My heart dropped. She was alive...but barely. I tried to stand up. I needed to see her.

Taehyung seemed to have the same idea, because he grabbed a wheelchair for me and we rushed out of the hospital room.

The place they had taken my child looked awful. She was there, but with wires and and needles covering her. You could barely see her face. I knew they were to help her, but all I wanted to do was take my baby away from all the tangled wires that looked as if they were strangling her.

She was in an incubator, so I couldn't even touch her. I hadn't touched her once, and I might never be able to. Taehyung's hand was on my back, the only thing that kept me from breaking down completely. I could tell he was a mess too, though.

I tried to stop the despair that was pushing on my chest. The panic, the need to do something to help. I had been given this gift, and now it was being ripped away.

"I never held her." I whispered. Taehyung looked down at me, tears in his eyes, and nodded. I couldn't stop the fear in my voice.. The pain of a mother who was losing her child.

"I don't understand why the universe must take and take from us. My sister. Your family. Our child. What did we do to deserve this?" His words were a mirror of my own thoughts, but I didn't want to go down that path. Not again.

So we held hands and watched our daughter, telling her we loved her, and we sobbed as the monitor's steady beat slowed to a stop.

~Book End~
Hello lovelies! Oh my god!!! I know it was short but there isn't much else to tell! Don't worry, there will be an epilogue. Also thank you all so much for 200 reads (or almost)! On this story! Ahhh!
~k