new to love - 11

~Taehyung POV~

As I held Jia in my arms, I was overwhelmed.

I was so, so happy to be there with her, and I was so thankful she didn't hold any grudges. When I had first gotten off the plane and saw her, I had to contain my amazement. I had forgotten how lovely she was. Maybe I could get her a job at BigHit Entertainment.

(Note: In this fanfic the boys aren't idols, but they work at BigHit as songwriters/models. But they aren't famous.)

My thoughts were interrupted as Jia pulled back just enough so we could see each other's faces. Her smile could end world hunger. I had such an urge to kiss her, but it wasn't the right time. Jungkook was there, and I wanted to talk to Jia before anything else happened.

We walked over to Jungkook, and we all prepared to leave. As we went to get my luggage, Jia walked in between me and Jungkook. I felt her hand clasp around mine tightly. I smiled to myself.

We were sitting on a bench waiting to get my suitcase from baggage claim. Jia quietly excused herself to the bathroom. As soon as she was gone, Jungkook began to talk to me.

"Hyung, please ask her out already." He gave me a look.

I looked back in surprise, "What do you mean..?"

He said, "When you left to help your parents, she was over at the house a lot, but she was super quiet. She would hang out and have fun, but she just seemed...off. Jimin told me about the panic attacks she gets, and I started to notice how often her and Jimin would leave when she started to breakdown. Much more then before. The second she saw you get off that plane, it was as if some switch inside her flipped. She was suddenly so happy, it toke me by surprise. And it's no secret you like her as well. So ask her out!" I was startled by what Jungkook had said. Had she really been more depressed without me there?

~Jia POV~

After Jungkook dropped me and Taehyung off at my apartment, we went inside and I started to make dinner. Taehyung sat at the kitchen table, and he started to talk.

"I think I'm falling in love with you."

I dropped the glass I was holding, and it shattered all over the floor. I was too surprised to react. Did he actually just say that? Why was he being so abrupt?

I toke a step towards him, not really sure what I would say or do in response to the confession he just made, and hissed in pain as I stepped on a piece broken glass. I was barefoot.

Taehyung was there in an instant picked me up, and brought me to the couch. He went into the bathroom and got the first aid kit. I didn't think about why he knew where it was in the first place. I watched him as he carefully tended to my foot. He was so beautiful, so caring.

I pondered his previous words. Did I love him back? All these feelings I'd been having...he had been gone for 4 days and I had missed him so much it almost drove me insane. I wanted to be with him constantly. I wanted to hold his hand, and hug him, and...kiss him.

I knew I had my answer.

When he was done with my foot, I sat up and turned so I was sitting right next to him. Our thighs touched, which sent sparks through me. I toke his hand, looking into his lovely, chocolate colored eyes, and kissed him.

Time seemed to stop as he kissed me back and wrapped his hands around me. I cupped his face in my hands, and pulled back from the kiss for a split second.