who am i without you? - 6

~Taehyung POV~

My heart hurt to see Jia in such a state. It had been a couple days since she has had such a bad breakdown. It was a slow process, finding out what would trigger her and what wouldn't. It changed from day to day. Two days ago, we were at the mall, and she saw a piano outside a store with a sign that said 'Please Play Me!!' She had played a song her father taught her.

But now, her sister's dress had made her go into hysterics. I was worried what would happen if she was triggered and no one was there to help her.

Putting my thoughts aside, I yelled to Jia to hurry up. She was changing, and the boys were already upset I left in the first place. She finally came out of her room, and when she did, her appearance made me suck in a breath.

She was wearing a long, flowing, dress, that hugged her body in just the right way. It didn't have a plunging neckline or anything, but it was simple and attractive. The peachy color suited her skin tone. I realized I was staring, and quickly looked away. I could see her blushing out of the corner of my eye.

"Well, let's go then." I said as I toke her hand and we walked out to my car.

~Jia POV~

I was walking with Tae up to the door of his house. I'd been to his house before, but never when his roommates where home. He opened the door for me, and we walked inside.

There were lots of people milling around, a few I even recognized from my college classes. Before I had taken more then two steps into the house, there were two boys running over towards me and Taehyung.

"Yah! Taehyung-ah! You promised you would stay at the party, but you left anyway! We've barely seen you recently." The boy who spoke was slightly shorter then Taehyung.

"Jimin-ah, I told you I had to go pick up Jia. The party only started an hour ago." Tae smiled at me.

The second boy said "Hello! I'm Jungkook, nice to meet you. This is Jimin, he's a little grumpy because you've been stealing away hyung." He gave me a small smile, while Jimin still looked upset.

The more I talked with them, the more nervous I felt. "Um...hello. My name is Jia. Nice to meet you too." I nudged Tae, begging for him to help me talk with the boys.

He grinned at me, whispered "good luck" and walked away to go talk with one of the other guests. I silently cursed him.

Thankfully, Jungkook asked me a question before the silence became awkward. "So, where do work Jia?"

"I'm still in college actually. No job yet. How about you?" I gave them both a small smile.

From then on, I kept talking with Jungkook and Jimin. They were both really sweet, and funny as well. I learned Jungkook was the same age as me, and that made it way easier to hang out with him. Eventually they introduced me to two more of Tae's roommates, Yoongi and Hoseok. Both of them I liked. Hoseok's cheerfulness made me smile. Yoongi was more reserved, but every once in a while he would make a joke that would send the others into hysterical laughter.

After about an hour, I began glancing around the room for Taehyung. I bit my lip, worrying when I didn't see him.

Jimin poked my shoulder and said "Aww Jia is worried about Tae...cutie!" I blushed and shoved him away.

"Yah! How do you know what's going on in my head?" I was slightly embarrassed, but also having a bit of fun.

Jimin laughed, along with the rest of the boys, and said "He's probably outside with Namjoon and Jin. You should go meet them." I silently thanked Jimin for understanding and giving me an excuse to go find Tae. I smiled at him, and he nodded back.

I quickly hurried to the backyard, where there was a fire pit and lots of outdoor furniture. Someone was cooking someone on the grill, and I inhaled the delicious smell. Ignoring my instincts to devour the barbecue, I looked around for Tae. I saw him sitting on a chair talking to someone, most likely one of his other roommates. I was about to walk over when a girl, older then me, probably in her late 20s, ran over to Taehyung, sat on his lap, and placed her hand on his chest. I sucked in a breath and froze in place.

He had never told me he had a girlfriend. How had that topic never come up in conversation? Why would he invite me places and give me his number?

I made eye contact with Taehyung, just as tears started to roll down my face, despite my efforts to hold them at bay. I ran back inside, and quickly asked Jimin and Jungkook where the nearest bathroom was. They told me, looking confused and concerned, and I ran inside and locked the door.

It wasn't like we were dating, I didn't even have any right to be upset. It didn't matter that he had never talked about it. It was his life, and we weren't in a relationship. I was overreacting.

I repeated those words over and over as I sobbed in the bathroom, trying to be as quiet as possible.

~End of Chapter~
Hello my lovelies! Thanks so much for every one who is reading my story! I'm getting so many nice private messages and I'm really thankful!
~k