a light - 8

~Jia POV~

I hadn't even realized a place like this existed.

We were sitting on a bench that had been placed in front of a beautiful lake. The stars and moon reflected off the surface, making the body of water seem like it was glowing from within. There were flowers and trees all around the bank, and their shadows reflected as well. The whole place had an atmosphere that made me feel calm and happy.

In wonder, I said, "How did you even find this place?" Taehyung smiled at me as he slid an arm around my waist.

"I used to come here with my sister. The one who passed away. I haven't been back since she died." He words were soft, and I was touched by them. He hadn't come back here, yet he had brought me to this paradise.

He had brought me.

I smiled as tears began to wet my cheeks.
"Thank you, Taehyung. I-I don't know where I would be right now without you. I can't even put it into words, how much you have helped me."

Soon, there tears dripping down his face as well. We hugged, immersed in the beautiful moment. I wanted to stay there forever. That's all I needed.

Him, the stars, and the moon.

I didn't feel any grief then. Not even a little bit. It was liberating, and I felt at peace. It was a different type of peace though, from when I had been submerged in that cold river water. In that water, the peace was forced. It was an escape. This peace was something that had been given to me. It was not an escape from the pain. This peace was healing my pain.

Eventually, after what seemed like forever, we pulled back from our hug, and stared into each other's eyes. He was so beautiful. I had always known he was handsome, any sane person would, but his never ending kindness seemed to shine through, making him seem perfect.

I wondered what he was thinking as we sat there, underneath the stars, him staring into my eyes.

Minutes or hours later, he toke my hand. We never broke eye contact. My heart began to race, getting faster every moment.

Every second felt like eternity. I could barley breath, never mind think.

He leaned forward slowly, and lightly, so lightly, kissed me. Where his soft lips touched mine, lighting shot through me. It was amazing, the things he could do to me. What I loved about our kiss though, was that it was not lustful or passionate. There would be a time for that. This kiss, felt like an answer to a question I had been asking for years.

Taehyung was the answer.

~Taehyung POV~

Today had been bad. Especially for Jia, so as soon as Yoongi got rid of Sonna, I decided I had to do something to make it up to her.

I had never had the courage to go back to that spot by the lake, even though years had passed since my sister died. But Jia gave me the courage I had lacked for so long.

I had never told her, but, before I meant her, I had been distant with everyone. My friends and family.I was afraid I would get close to someone and they would be taken from me, just like my sister. I could tell some of the boys were frustrated by me being closed off, but I just couldn't open up. I wanted to, but it felt like it was impossible.

Until I meant her, and I couldn't stay away.

She had been so broken, so afraid, and I understood her. The boys complain I spend all my time with her, but I think they know, and are thankful for the fact that she came into my life.

It may seem like I was the one who saved her, but in truth, we saved each other.

That's what I thought as I stared at her, as I toke her hand and kissed her. This girl, she was my salvation.

~Jia POV~

I groaned as I sat up and turned my alarm off. I had a class today at 8am, so I had to be up early. I got begrudgingly got out of bed and got dressed.

In the past few days, I hadn't seen Taehyung very much. It had been three days since he toke me to the lake. We didn't talk about our kiss at all, which made nervous. He had to work and I had school, so sometimes our schedules clashed and we couldn't see each other. I wanted to see him. I hoped he felt the same way.

I finished getting ready, did a small bit of makeup, etc. As I was eating breakfast, I got a text from Taehyung. My heart pounded, but, as I read it, I lost my appetite.

~Text Conversation~

TH: Hey, there's so many things I want to say to you, but something came up and I have to leave for about a week. My dad got sick, and my mom is struggling with caring for him. I'm sorry for leaving without saying goodbye.
P.S. You should go see my roommates. They liked your company.

J: It's no problem! I'm sorry we didn't get to say goodbye in person. I hope your dad feels better, and be safe! I'll try head over to your place at some point.

TH: I'll send you Jimin's number. You be safe as well.

J: Thanks, goodbye Tae.

TH: Bye.

~End of Text Conversation~

My heart sank knowing I wouldn't see him for a week, and the fact we never had a chance to talk about everything. Was he running away from me? Did he regret what happened?

I spent the rest of the morning in class, and I was very grateful when it ended. I had walked to school that morning, but as I prepared myself for the walk back, I realized it was pouring rain. If I walked in the rain, all my school work would get soaked. I sat on a bench and tried to think of a solution.

~Text Conversation~

Jia: Hey Jimin! This is Jia. Taehyung gave me your number. I'm really sorry to ask you this, but would you mind picking me up from my college campus? I have all my school work with me so I can't walk home.

Jimin: Hi Jia, I'd love to pick you up. Why don't you come back to our place after? We all miss you.

JA: Thank you sooo much! You are a lifesaver! And of course I'll hang out with you guys.

JM: Great! Can't wait to see you, cutie! Send me the college's address.

~End of Text Conversation~

I breathed a sigh of relief. Thanks to Jimin, I wouldn't ruin my school work, and now I had something to do this afternoon. I waited for him to arrive, and walked out of the building when I saw a car I recognized from the party. Indeed, it was Jimin, and I quickly got in.

"Helloo!" Jimin smiled at me.

"Hey! Again thank you so so much for this. I know your probably busy, but—" Jimin cut me off before I could continue.

"Jia, it's no problem. Text me anytime. By the way, did Tae tell you he left to go help his parents?" The cheerful mood shifted to something more depressing as I silently nodded my head.

Jimin seemed to notice the difference in my mood, and began to talk about how early that morning Namjoon had spilled milk all over the kitchen floor, and it had taken forever to clean up. His ridiculous story made me laugh. I realized then, that I wanted to be friends with Jimin. I wanted to be friends with all of them.

~End of Chapter~
I would like to thank everyone who has been reading my story and giving feedback! Please comment if you find any grammar errors so I can fix them!
~k