1: Meeting Worick

"Wa woo Wowewana wawa?" The middle-aged man asked you.

"Wee wanat wawawand woo. We weff." Your brothel mother responded back.

"Wewll, I will we wamned. Wiwowis wif weff woo" He spoke to Georgiana. Then, he turned to you and began making hand motions.

Do you know sign language? He asked.

Pretty well. Not very many people use it, so I forget a lot. You signed back quickly.

Can you lip-read?

Not well. I can still hear, but like I am underwater. It is distracting. You had to spell out distracting, forgetting the sign for it. Are you looking for a whore?

You heard his laugh escape his mouth and he turned to speak to Georgiana.

"Wee wif wa woo wootyiff worfway wasant woo wawelf." He smiled at her, but to your surprise, he continued signing.

She is a good thirtieth birthday present to myself.

"Wee wiff wom womwed pwer wower." Georgiana crossed her arms. You knew that wonky phrase. That was your price.

"Why wo wawenwiff?"

Why so expensive?

"Wee wiff wo why wim wewamd. Womp wompwee wiff we weoowiwall, wup wiwent." She winked at you, indicating that she was talking you up. You smiled in response. You knew that Georgiana actually did really care for you. She took you in when you were only around five and had been sold by your family. After contracting bacterial meningitis, your hearing had taken a turn for the worse and you no longer were able to uphold the family expectations.

Why she had taken you was another story. Georgiana, although a ruthless business woman, loved raising her girls. It made them strong and loyal workers as well as provided customers with a slow burn. They had seen you clinging to her skirts, as an angsty pre-teen, a blossoming teen and now as a stunning young woman. All orchestrated by your brothel mother. And now, with her expertise, you were one of the most sought after girls in the brothel.

You didn't like to talk, especially since you were embarrassed by your voice. And most of the men who came in here, didn't like to listen to women. That meant that you were ideal. They were also able to say just about anything to you and get away with it because you didn't understand what they were saying.

And with that, Georgiana had also made sure to market you as a luxury. That meant that you didn't ever have to worry about getting hurt, or even bothering to communicate with the customers. She did that all for you, often when you met the men for the first time. Then, she would write down your expectations for you. If you had any strong objections, which you never really did, then you could voice them on paper then. Otherwise, you were whisked to the private suite upstairs. To take you elsewhere would have cost even more money. Money that nearly everyone was lacking.

This was the first time that you met Worick and that night had been better than you imagined.