22: Explain Yourselves

"What are you doing? Are you all signing so Nicolas knows what's going on?" She asked.

What are you doing? Are you all signing so Nicolas knows what's going on? Worick signed for you, understanding that it was too loud for you to hear well.

"No. YN's deaf too. But she's also jealous I think, of you." Worick responded.

No. YN's deaf too. But she's also jealous I think, of you.

"Ah am nah!" You yelled at him as you signed the same thing.

I no with boys. Alex tried to sign to you as she stepped closer to you. You took a step back in return.

I don't know what you're trying to say to me, but I'm not interested. Someone tell her I don't like women, but no offense to her. You signed quickly.

Worick laughed.

She's not gay, she's saying we haven't slept with her. She's our secretary. He explained.

And you make your secretary wear ass-length dresses and come to brothel parties? You scowled as Alex took another step forward and you took another step back, into Nicolas, who held your shoulders.

"Can someone explain what's happening?" Alex asked.

Can someone explain what's happening?

Worick, YN went through the trouble of asking her mother for a private room for the three of us. What should we do with Alex? Nicolas signed in front of you.

Worick's expression changed and the mood shifted.

"Alex, can you do something for us? Will you guard a room for us? We have to watch the contents inside, but it'll be ten times easier if we know if someone is coming."

Alex, can you do something for us? Will you guard a room for us? We have to watch the contents inside, but it'll be ten times easier if we know if someone is coming.

Okay. She signed, happy to be able to be included in the conversation.

Lead the way, ex-whore. Worick grinned at you.

Please be inconspicuous. You shook your head at him. Picking up the side of your dress, you marched back up the staircase and towards your husband.

Stay here. You told the group.

"I am tired. Mother has a room for me to rest. When will you leave?" You asked him carefully after getting his attention lightly.

He kissed your cheek as a greeting.

"She's such a doll. Honestly, she doesn't even belong at these parties, but she insists because she loves her mother so much," Miles bragged to his friends. "What time is it now?"

"Ten PM." You relayed loyally.

"You sleep here tonight, darling and have your mother call me tomorrow to pick you up." He kissed your forehead again. "Good night."

"Good night." You curtsied to everyone and began walking, almost jogging, to your room. It had been easy, so easy, to get him to agree to that. He loved that you were out of his hair and that he had gotten to look like a doting husband all in one fell swoop.

As you rushed to the room and closed the door, you plopped onto the bed and couldn't help but smile. You missed Worick and Nicolas.