Chap Stick

"Noona, will you touch my lips?"

"Wh-what did you just say?" you ask, eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

Did I hear him wrong? I must've heard it incorrectly, right? You think, still looking like a fish that's been out of water for far too long. On the other hand, Jungkook just looks as tired as ever. Not surprisingly, his porcelain skin is tainted with the beads of sweat that continue to drip down. Your eyes follow one of the single drips further down. Just as a child would watch a rain drop fall down a window, you watch his sweat travel on his face, all the way to his chin, his exposed chest, until it's finally absorbed by his own shirt.

"My lips..." he breathes, grabbing your attention back to him.

Maybe you didn't hear him wrong. Maybe you're just taking his words out of proportion. "R-Right, I just put all my makeup away, so..." You trail off, eyes still on his disappointed orbs. "But," you begin, your mouth taking control over your mind, "I do have some chap stick."

His mouth forms a smile upon your offer, and he nods his head in approval. Turning around nervously, you sift through the bag you brought along until you finally pull out a mini red tube of Vaseline, along with a small brush you keep on you.

Facing him again, you awkwardly pull off the cap and rub the brush into the red paste. Since you're both still standing up, you have to stand on your tip toes just to reach his face. Like it's natural, you rest your pinky finger on his chin, steadying his face in the process, and keep your other hand with the Vaseline nearby.

His dark eyes trace the path the brush you hold takes up to his lips until the two meet and he can no longer see it, but feel it. A few gentle stokes is all it takes for the light hue of the moisturizer to appear on his lips, as well as the faint smell of roses to be smelt.

"Is that all you need?" you ask while dipping your brush back into red solution that you're in desperate need of more. You've almost reached the bottom of the mini pot because of how much you use it yourself.

Keeping his lips still, he simply nods head and you go in for another swipe, making sure the entire surface of his lips are covered. "How much of the concert is left?" You ask once you finally pull away from his lips.

"It shouldn't be much longer at all," he replies, and you catch him rubbing his two uneven lips together to form a smacking sound.

You wrap up and begin to put away the Vaseline and the small lip brush that you use on yourself.

Yes, that's right, the lip brush that you keep on you for you purposes only. Sure, you're a makeup artist and like to keep your makeup intact, but if you were to count the number of brushes you use everyday, it would surpass the amount of cleaning you're willing to do every time you use them.. That means you most certainly do not wash it after every application, and so you initially just put your own lip germs on Jungkook's.

Should you tell him? Yes.
Do you want to tell him? No.

It seems like a matter that's worth dealing with later, so you take up the second option of not telling him. It's not like he'll know or even ask. However, the thought of it seems somehow inappropriate, as if it should go unspoken and forgotten, so that's exactly what you do.

Forget it.

"Good luck," you weakly give him a last farewell of the night as the stage manager calls them to hustle up.