April Showers

Clearing your throat, you nod your head hesitantly. "I agree, we need to talk." Taking a step to the right, you give yourself a little more space from the boy who stands only a few feet in front of you in the cramped janitors closet. "I mean," you laugh nervously, "We don't really need to do it in here, right?"

His gaze is unmoving, fixed, motionless, static, at a stand still as he simply looks at you. You, on the other hand, look anywhere but him.

Anxiously shifting your focus to the side, your eyes study the racks that line the walls, filled with all sorts of cleaning utensils and products. However, the brand names written on the bottles only distract you so long from it. From him.

Continuing your previous attempt at getting away, you take another step. "Why don't we just go get something to drink, and then we can talk..." You give off another nervous chuckle before quietly adding, "Somewhere far far away from this room."

While it's true that pretty much everything that's happening is your fault and you still don't plan on giving up at getting the truth from Jungkook, you know that in here is not the place to do it. So, taking another step, you eye him from the side, but don't get a good look, as a hand suddenly grasps your forearm, pulling you back, causing you to gasp.

"No," he finally says. His hand glides down your arm, then folds over your hand. His fingers gently wrap around yours, palms touching. You can feel the fast thud of his heart through this single touch, but feel yours even more as it pulses through your entire body. You wonder if he can feel it as you stare down at the bundle he created.

Again, that feeling. It's like whiplash. Everything he does contradicts his previous action, putting you into a seemingly never ending dream. "Why?" You ask the broad question quietly, head still lowered.

"The truth is," he slowly begins, "I don't even know myself."

"Know what?" You ask hesitantly, your curiosity getting the better of you.

He shifts his feet on the floor. "Why I act the way I do."

He speaks in just barely a whisper, his voice like the smoke that hovers above the ground at night and can only be seen when put in the moonlights path. It sends shivers down your spine.

"And I have no one to tell." He grits out, his hand tightening and constricting all the movement yours makes.

Still staring down at your hands, you hesitantly make the decision to lift your head up. Your lashes sweep up with the motion, giving you a perfect view of the one in front of you. You swing your restless gaze, shifting between both of his brown orbs for something... anything.

Nothing. His nebulous gaze was simply that. Just a gaze. You couldn't decipher what he was feeling from just his look.

"You told me," he begins again, "That I shouldn't keep everything to myself."

You know what he's talking about immediately as he says it. Back at the mall in Osaka, outside he had asked you if you were afraid of him. The answer was obvious, of course, but you could tell something was still bothering him.

"We all deal with things." You had said to him. "Some we choose to tell, others we keep to ourselves. Sometimes the ones we choose to not tell can be the worst of them because we choose to keep it in. You shouldn't have to keep everything to yourself, Jungkook. Not with everything else you have to deal with already."