Rejection

"I'm home!" You chime to yourself with the rest of your near-to-nonexistent energy before dropping your bags and flopping down on your bed.

After the five day trip in Palawan, then the two concerts in Manila, you were wore out and in great need of your own bed.

Not even bothering with the rest of your luggage, you simply change your clothes and brush your teeth before taking a much needed sleep.

Although your last day was spent on planes, you couldn't bring yourself to sleep on any of them.

So, with the sky already dark, you rest your head on the soft pillow below, the expanse of your body covered with a large, white comforter.

Smelling the fresh scent of your untainted sheets, you immediately get taken away into a deep slumber.

Although so much happened over the course of the trip and there's a lot to think about, all your wild thoughts don't even try to bother your sleepy mind, and you were sure you could sleep forever.

If your apartment windows were closed, that could've been the case, but luck wasn't on your side as the bright morning sky took you away from slumber the next morning.

However, with the day off, you were able to gather up and clean all of your worn clothes that you had brought along the trip, as well as get reorganized.

Checking your phone yet again, you look for another message that still hasn't come. Although it didn't bother you at first, you can't help but stare at the last message you had with Jungkook.

I'll text you tomorrow morning. Get some rest tonight.

That's what he had said yesterday after you had arrived back in Seoul and were both headed home.

You didn't think anything of it when there were no texts this morning from him; you just thought he had probably been as tired as you and was sleeping in.

But now, as it nears five o'clock, you can't help but worry as to why he hasn't texted yet.

Not wanting to come off as clingy, you try your best to think nothing of it, and move on for the rest of the day, consuming your mind with cleaning and other nonsensical things.

***

The next day you get ready for your first day of work since being back in Seoul, heading to your usual space at the BigHit building.

Following schedule, today the boys are due for a hair cut. The task at first seemed a bit pestering when you first began working with how often you were told to do it, but it has become second knowledge to you and the other stylists.

You hadn't forgotten about Jungkook's lack of messaging yesterday, so were relieved when seeing him walk into the dressing room okay and with the others.

It doesn't take long for Jungkook to sit in front of you, and for you to prepare the required tools to cut his brown locks.

The amount you are to cut off each time is so minimal that it doesn't take but a matter of minutes to complete, although this time you have to do a bit more.