The Only Exception

Ding.

Reaching into your back pocket lazily and bringing it back up and into your view, you glance at the unknown number. However, you know exactly who it is when opening the message.

The different pictures that flood your screen immediately make you realize.

"Jungkook," you whisper out loud while scrolling through the abundance of images.

Sunsets, skies, nature, and the other members all appear. You stop on the one with all six of them, Jungkook of course behind the camera. You can feel how much compassion he has for these men. Each has something that he needs.

Namjoon gives him order and a goal. Jin teaches him how to mature while still being a kid himself. Yoongi gives him the reality he doesn't always see. Hoseok gives him joy like no other. Jimin is the one he can always count on to be there. Taehyung is relatable yet so wise.

They all are so special to him, and somehow, just somehow you can see it clearly through these pictures. Each of them is a missing puzzle piece in the others life, which is why they can't live without each other.

He's always watching; monitoring them from behind his camera. Looking to them to find meaning and an answer. Each of them have part of it, so he observes them, capturing each of their answer with a click and flash.

It makes you realize just how much these boys love each other. Yes, they're idols and were bound to form some kind of a relationship, but this is to a whole other extent.

It wars your heart, and a tear gets caught in the corner of your eye.

No other message comes along with them other than one single sentence.

I kept my promise.

And you know what it means. So much time has passed since you treated him to ramen after work that one day, and so many things have changed that this wasn't even on your mind anymore.

Even though it really wasn't that long ago, the relationship you had has changed so much. When it all went down, he was so nervous when you suggested giving him your number.

You waited all night that day for the pictures to come, but they never did. From there, everything went downhill and the pictures were the least of your worries.

He promised to show you, and he did.

Thank you for showing me. They're beautiful.

You respond with, your breathing picking up momentarily when you see the three dots at the bottom of your screen indicating he see's your response.

But then they're gone.

***

"Do you think Jin will like this one?" Mina giggles while prancing across the bedroom floor of the hotel room with a dress in her hands. Or should it even be called a hotel?

The giant, two story, white building resembles more of a large mansion rather than a hotel. You knew going into it that the Philippines was going to be different from the other locations, but you would've never guessed it to be like this. From the balconies and windows that line the entire back side, you have a clear view of the ocean that's only a matter of steps away.