One

This is my first werewolf book! Hope you guys like it! I would love some feedback and any editing help!

Baleigh's POV

I heard the front door shut and the sound of two people laughing. My dad must be home. He only stays out this late when he's out at clubs and restaurants picking up some girl.

I sat on the toilet (lid closed) applying a new fresh roll of gauze to my arm. Dad had squeezed my arm too hard during our fight and sprained it. Dad didn't even bother to call a doctor. He never does. Dad says doctors are people who act like they care about you until they steal all your money. I'm not sure that's true, but telling Dad that he's wrong is a death sentence.

I winced as I tighten the wrap. I slowly added the last bit and taped it with medical tape. Dad doesn't know I have this stuff. I keep my first aid kit under my bed behind old moving boxes so my dad doesn't know. He would kill me if he found out.

I opened the door and poked my head out. I scanned the hallway to make sure no one was there. With the first aid kit in my non-injured hand, I quietly crept to my room.

I saw flashing lights at the other end of the hall. There was a lot of talking going on. I couldn't make out what they were saying. I didn't care who Dad brought home. He never kept a girlfriend longer than two weeks.

I opened the door to my room and slowly shut it. I flicked the light on to see a twin-size bed up against the wall with an old pillow and a bunch of blankets. A cheap nightstand sat next to the bed with a white lamp that never works. A tall bookcase that almost touched the ceiling was to my left. It had all my belongings. I had very few stuff so it was mostly bare.

The closet was right across from the door. I keep it closed because I hate keeping it open when I sleep. I'm always afraid that something or someone might come out and kill me.

I shoved the kit under my bed and put a box in front of it. My arm hurt a little as I did it but I ignored it.

A quiet meow came from the closet. I opened the door to find Kato, the munchkin cat that has had a huge attachment since Dad and I first moved here.

Kato was a brown tabby with a white underbelly. Someone once told me that tabby cats are the most dangerous pet to have. I think he said that to scare me.

I picked up the cat and carried him to my bed. He licked my hands as I lowered him down. He must be hungry.

"Sorry boy. I don't have any more sandwich meat for you. You ate it all yesterday."

The cat must have understood me (somehow) and made his tail droop. I laid down next to Kato and slowly petted his fur. He snuggled up close to me.

"I know. Life sucks. But you just have to keep going," I said. "Keep going until life becomes hopeless."

That was my motto. It was something I have always said since my mom died. I felt like life was something you have to go through before God decides he wants you back. Sometimes, I wish I didn't have to wait so long. I ask Him every night. I'm not sure he listens.

I slowly began to close my eyes, my hand slowing down on Kato's back. My door suddenly opened, making me jump.

"Baleigh!"

I was so dead.