Fifteen

13.3K YAY! #101 in Werewolf! 

Collin's POV

"But why?" Nate pulled on his chains. He winced as the silver dug into his skin. 

"Oh please!" Trinity laughed. "You can try all you want, but you can't get out of those chains." She laughed again. "I though you were smarter than that." 

Nate growled. He pulled back and relaxed against the wall. His face was covered in sweat. I watched his eyes closed. I thought he was going to give in defeat. 

"Now," Trinity turned to me, "You." She walked over to me, her boots making clicking sounds against the cold cobblestone. I pulled back. My back hit against the wall. 

She knelt down and took a good long look at me. I stared into her eyes. I tried as hard to not show fear. 

She took her finger and dragged it across my face. I pulled away. "Don't you dare touch me!" I growled.

"Aww! Did the little puppy find his mate?" Trinity made a pouty face. 

"How did you know?" 

She smiled. "Let's just say I have a few owls floating around." She stood up and walked back to her original spot and stood there, her hand on her hip. 

Trinity stood there with a smile. Nate had opened his eyes and was giving Trinity a death stare. 

"Oh please! Don't look at me like that." She turned her head to Nate and crossed her arms. "I know that you knew about this all along. You were just too afraid to admit it." 

Nate didn't change his look. He was like a robot, hardwired to stare at people until they died from looking at him for so long. I wish he could do that. 

A few seconds had passed and I was getting tired of this staring game. I opened my mouth to speak, hopefully coming up with something as I go, when I heard someone walking toward the door. 

Trinity turned around to see who it was. Nate dropped his stare and rubbed his eyes. The man who came in was none other than Trinity's mate, Jacob. Not surprising. 

"What's going on, baby?" He asked. I really wanted to slap him. 

"Nothing. But Nate is making me feel bad." She pretended to cry. I rolled my eyes. Who in their right mind would believe that? 

"The Alpha?" Jacob asked. 

Trinity nodded, her head down. She sniffed and hugged Jacob. He rubbed her back, giving her words of reassurance. 

"Well, maybe we should bring the Alpha to the lab." Trinity put her head up. The lab?" She smiled.

"Of course! I can't let some mean old Alpha hurt my little monster!" I gagged. 

"Oh Jacob! She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him on the lips. Nate and I looked away. This was so sickening. 

Jacob broke off the kiss. Finally. 

"You can go get the doctors. I want to have a little chat with our guests." Trinity smiled and gave her mate one more kiss. Jacob smiled and waved at her as she left the room. 

"You really put up with that?" Nate said. 

"What? You think I don't like her?" Jacob glared at Nate. 

"She pretended to cry! I would lose my freakin' mind if Kiera did that!" 

"She is a little over-dramatic, but I still love her. She's my mate." 

"Yeah," I mumbled. "A real annoying one." 

Jacob turned his head. "What did you just say?" 

"N-Nothing." 

Jacob turned his head back to Nate. 

"Anyway, I just wanted you that by tonight, you won't be able to remember anything." 

"Remember anything? What do you mean?" I sat up a little. Jacob ignored me and continued to talk to Nate. 

"I thought you should know. Make this the last memory you'll remember before you go through the operation." 

"Operation?" Nate looked confused. "What do you mean? Is that why you sent Trinity to get 'the doctors'?" 

"Yes. But there's more to that." Jacob said. 

"What is it?" I asked. Jacob finally payed attention to me. 

"If I told you, it would ruin the whole thing." He gave a smile, his teeth showing. I thought I saw something shiny in there, like a gold tooth, but he turned away before I could get a better look. 

"All will be explained soon enough." he said. "I would just sit back, relax, and await you future." 

Just as he finished his sentence, Trinity came in with two doctors in white lab coats came in. 

"Hey, sweetheart!" She kissed Jacob's cheek as she walked in. The doctors hung out outside the door. 

"They're ready," she said. Jacob nodded and snapped his fingers. The two doctors walked in and  walked over to Nate. 

"What? No!" I pulled against my chains. I felt the metal burn my wrists. 

"Shut up, Beta!" Jacob shouted. I kept on pulling, ignoring the pain. 

One of the doctors pulled out a key and unlocked the chains around Nate's wrists. The other picked him up. He didn't struggle, didn't yell. He just let them drag him away. 

"No! You can't do this!" I shouted. I turned to Nate. "What about Kiera!" 

He turned to me. "If you see her," he said, "tell her I love her." 

The doctors dragged Nate out the door, disappearing down the hallway. I called for Nate, but he didn't return. Jacob laughed. 

"Don't waste your breath, puny dog," he said. "Everything will be just fine." She smiled and gave a peck on Trinity's cheek. 

"How? How can it be fine? You kidnapped us and locked us up in a cell with silver chains! And now you're taking Nate away to some lab like it's nothing! It's not fine!" 

The two of them just laughed. Holding hands, they left the room, closing the door behind them. I was now all alone in a dark room. I actually felt helpless this time. 

This book is so much fun to write! I know this chapter was kind a bore in the beginning, but it's hard to write about doing nothing. I did like the ending though! Plz leave comments and votes! ;)