Seventeen

25.2K! YAY!

Collin's POV

I've been locked up in the cell for so long that I lost count. I got two meals a day: one in the morning, one at night. I got to shower once and I was only given cold water in a dirty bathroom. I was in there for five minutes when I was told to get out.

For pass time, I was given a red bouncy ball and 10 jacks, a Disney Princess coloring book with a box of broken crayons, a book about the Greek Gods, and a baseball that was probably a dog's chew toy at some point.

I was always chained to the wall. I only get let out to get a 10 minute walk around the building. My personal guard always has his hand in my arm in case I run off. When I do get let out, which was very rare, they would put silver hand cuffs on my wrists. I never try to escape. I almost did during my shower, but my guard had a little button that controlled the electrocution system on the cuffs. I didn't dare risk him pressing the button.

Trinity and Jacob never came to visit me, and I was glad. I didn't want to see their lovey-dovey crap anymore. It just made me sick.

I never saw Nate after that day. I think everyday about what they had done to him. What if they brainwashed him and turned him into their working slave? What if they made him their personal assassin? I once imagined him escaping, running back home and getting help. I pushed that thought aside after I remembered Baleigh.

I really wish she was here. I wanted to know if she was okay. I wanted to get out and run into her arms. I wanted to stay up late with her and watch romantic Hallmark movies. I wanted to go to school with her and hold her hand in the halls. I thought about going up to my human friends and say that I have a girlfriend. I felt like all of this was just a dream. I had the smallest bit of hope that I would get let out and go home. That little light was soon about to go out if I stayed any longer.

I sat on the ground, reading the Greek Gods book for the fourth time. I used the crayons to make little side notes in the margins about the different stories. My favorite was the story of Athen being born out of Zeus' head. I wrote on the side: That would have been the worst way to give birth! So glad I'm a guy and not immortal!

I sat there, skimming the book when the door opened. I expected to see my guard coming to take me on my daily walk. Instead, Trinity came in. Jacob followed behind her. Ugh. Here we go again.

"Hello, Beta," Trinity said. She folded her arms. "How has the cell been for you?"

"Pretty good," I replied. "Until you showed up. Then it just ruined it." I smiled. She glared at me.

"Very funny," she said.

"Don't let him get to you, baby," Jacob said. She put his arm around her. Please no.

"He's probably just sad that his friend isn't here. Maybe even more upset that his mate in all alone, sad and lonely without her little puppet."

I dropped my book and sat up. "Shut you mouth, Jacob." I tugged on the chains and my wrists burned.

Jacob laughed. "I love watching you struggle. Makes my day."

"Mouth breather," I mumbled under my breath.

"What did you call me?" Jacob said.

"Nothin'," I said. He looked at me for a few seconds before he turned his head back to Trinity.

"Darling," he started. "Why don't we go check on our subject and leave him alone. I don't want a rogue hurting my little sweetheart."

Trinity giggled and gave Jacob a peck on the cheek. I turned my head away and pretended to gag. I'm so glad Baleigh and I aren't like that.

"See ya soon, Beta." Trinity waved and walked off with Jacob. They shut the door, leaving me alone.

I slumped down to the ground. I really wanted to go home. I felt tears spilling down my face. I hated being left alone. Sometimes, I wanted to be left alone, but it didn't like be alone for so long.

I fell asleep crying. I didn't realize I did when I heard voices shouting outside the cell door.

"What do you mean he escaped?" The voiced sounded like Jacob's.

"I don't know!" I didn't recognize the other voice. "I left to check the result when he suddenly disappeared!"

Jacob growled in frustration. "Well find him! We cannot lose him! If word gets out about this place, we all might as well be digging out graves!" I heard the two walk off, their feet fading on either side of the hallway.

Did Nate escape? He must have. Only Nate knows how to escape without being seen or heard. I was proud of him. But at the same time, I was hurt. Why didn't he come save me? Did he forget about me? Maybe he didn't have enough time to get to me. I wasn't sure. All I know is that my best friend was safe and was going to get help.

The little flame of hope that I had grew much brighter. I had hope that everything was going to be okay. I just needed for figure out how to get out his that place.

WOW! Writing about nothing is so hard to do! I did like the ending though. I would like some comments and votes! Please leave out the bad language though. I really don't like that. I kinda want to have nice comments. Sorry if this makes others mad, but I don't want to read hurtful and inappropriate comments. Anyway, hope you all liked it! ;)