Sixteen

19.2K! WOW! I've only been writing for about two weeks! This is awesome! 

Baleigh's POV 

Evelyn found a room for Dad on the second floor. Kiera stayed clear from him. I knew she didn't trust him. I wouldn't blame her. I still didn't trust him, even after I said I did. 

Kiera and I were sitting on the floor in her room. We were painting our nails while listening to Taylor Swift (not surprising). 

"I still don't trust your dad," Kiera said.

"I know," I said as I added a fresh coat of navy blue nail polish. "You say that almost every day." 

"Because it's true! He may still be brainwashed! He might come out in the middle of the night and kill us all!" 

"Seriously, Kiera? I highly doubt he would kill us." 

"You don't know that," she said. She grabbed a white nail polish bottle and gave it a shake. 

The song I Knew You Were Trouble came on from Kiera's playlist. She almost jumped up in the air. 

"I love this song!" She put the nail polish bottle down and started dancing in her seat. 

Once upon time

A few mistakes ago

I was in your sights

You got me alone

You found me, x3

I guess you didn't care

And I guess I liked that

And when I fell hard

You took a step back

Without me, x3

And he's long gone

When he's next to me

And I realize the blame is on me

We both jumped up and broke out singing and yelling the chorus. 

"'Cause I knew you were trouble when you walked in. So shame on me no-w flew me to places I never been! So you put me down OH!" 

We both jumped at the same time and started yelling at the tops of our lungs. 

"I knew you were trouble when you walked in. So shame on me now. Flew me to places I'd never been. NOW I'M LYING ON THE COLD HARD GROUND!" 

We both slammed ourselves on the ground like we fell over nothing, which is what we did. 

"OH! OH! Trouble! Trouble! Trouble!" I shouted. 

"OH! OH! TROUBLE! TROUBLE! TROUBLE!" Kiera sang louder. 

"What's going on up there!" Evelyn called from the bottom of the stairs. 

"Oops!" Kiera giggled. "I forgot that we're not the only ones in this house." 

I laughed. "Me too!" 

We laughed so hard that we fell onto the ground, clutching our chests. 

I've never had this much fun!" I said once we finally calmed down. My left hand had some nail polish smeared all over my fingers. I hope I didn't stain anything.