Nineteen

32.7k! WOW! Thanks you guys so much! 

Baleigh's POV

I sat on my bed, crying. I felt like my whole life had been ruined. I didn't want to talk to anyone.  Kiera tried to come in, but I locked the door and ignored her. 

"Open up, Baleigh! We wanna help!" Kiera shook the door handle. I didn't bother to get up or answer.  

After a few minutes, everything was silent. I stopped crying but felt like a thousand weights were lying on top of me. I was too tired to get out of bed or change. I didn't realize I had fallen asleep. 

About two hours later, I woke up to the sound of my bedroom door opening. I jumped out of bed. 

"Woah!" It was Nate. He held his hands up, protecting himself. "I'm not here to kill you. I just wanna talk." 

I calmed down a little. "How did you unlock my door?" 

"This used to be Tyler's room before he moved out. I used to always break in when he wanted to be left alone." 

I chuckled. Not surprising. "So," Nate closed the door behind him. "Can we talk?" 

"Well," I wanted to say yes because I really wanted to talk, but I didn't want to start the whole crying situation all over again. I let out a sigh. 

"I guess." 

"Good because I wasn't going to leave if you said no." I rolled my eyes and sat back down on my bed. Nate sat next to me. It was really awkward for a few seconds until I broke the ice. 

"Why are you helping me? Don't guys suck at being helpful?" 

Nate laughed. "Nice one!" I put my head down, trying to hide a smile. 

"I guess most guys aren't the best life coaches, but I've learned a thing or two from Collin." 

I put my head up. "What?" 

"Yeah. Collin always knows what to say when someone is upset. It's one of his gifts. His mom requested of him pursuing a career in being a therapist or life coach. He thought she was crazy or something." I laughed. 

"How come I've never met his mom?" I asked. I've always wondered where is parents were and who they were. 

Nate's smiled dropped. "His mom got killed in a car accident over two years ago." 

"Oh." I guess we've both lost our moms in a horrible accident. I think that if Collin was here, he would be too upset to tell me. 

"What about-" 

"His father," Nate finished. 

"Yeah." I guessed that he must be dead too. 

"His dad died, along with Joshua." Nate sighed. He put his head in his hands and rubbed his eyes. 

"Sorry for asking. I really didn't know." This family has been through much more pain than any other family I've ever met or heard. 

"H-how did he, er, die?" I said like a question in case Nate didn't want to answer. 

Nate pulled his head up and looked at me for a few seconds before putting his head back down. 

"There was a fight. Some rogue pack came in and attacked us. Josh felt the need to be the leader and fight every wolf he came across. He was too distracted fighting two at once that he didn't notice the rogue Alpha come up behind." Nate choked on a sob. "It was too late to warn him." 

He turned his head away from me. This conversation went from trying to make me feel better to watching Nate talk about the most tragic moments in his life. I really wish I had said no.