Twenty-One

38.3K! YAY! Thanks to @Ketakiparida for the new pack name! I'll mention it here in this chapter! Thank you all for participating! 

Collin's POV 

I felt like I had been in the cell for years. Nothing ever changed while I stayed here, chained to a wall. There was no word of Nate after is daring escape. I felt more depressed each day. I never knew if it was day or night. I slept when I felt tired, played jacks when I got bored of the Greek Gods book. 

My showers increased to twice a week. I felt like the showers were pointless because I would stink of rotting metal and mildew after every shower. My breakfast and dinner included what wasn't finished or eaten by the guards and lab workers. One time, I was given a whole pan of scrambled eggs. Apparently, no one liked scrambled eggs. 

When I was bored out of my mind, I would talk to Fang. I would talk to him regularly, but he's so loud and obnoxious that I tend to block him out most of the time. 

"Hello!" Fang shouted in my head. "Earth to Collin!" 

"What do you want?" I asked in annoyance. 

"I want to get out of this dump! It's not fair that Nate got out and not us!" 

"You bug me from coloring just to complain about not escaping?" 

"Well, it's not like we're having much fun in her anyway!" Fang growled. 

He was right. We were getting no where just sitting in this cell. We needed a way out, and fast. 

"Come on, Collin!" Fang whined. "You're the Beta of the Red Moon pack! You can't just give up and color Disney Princesses for the rest of you life! You need to do something!" 

"Fine! I'll find a way to escape, but it's not going to be easy." Fang cheered. Well, more like howled. 

"Fang! Can you not!" I covered my ears. He can be so loud. 

"Sorry. Got excited." 

"Obviously," I mumbled. I looked at the picture I was coloring. It looked like a 5-year-old was trying to make Snow White the princess of disaster. I flipped through the pages and looked of an empty one to draw on. I found one empty page on the back cover. I pulled out a red crayon and began to plan my escape. I mean, our escape. 

I spent the next two hours writing, crossing out, dozing off, and listening to Fang's complaining. Finally, just before dinner, I figured out a plan. 

I leaned back against the wall and examined my progress. The paper looked like a complete mess, but I understood it perfectly. I put the crayons back in the box and closed the book when my guard brought me my dinner. 

There was a sound of keys hitting the metal door before the door swung open. I could smell roast beef and steamed broccoli as the guard came in. 

He kept the door open, his keys strapped to his belt. A silver tray of food was placed in front on me. 

"Don't get too excited," he said. "The chef was in a mood today." He gave me an evil smile and turned back around. 

"Excuse me, sir," I said. He guard stopped in his tracks. 

"What?" He turned around. He didn't look too happy that I was talking to him. 

"I just wanted to know when my next walk was." 

He let out a wheezing sigh. "I don't have time for games, kid. Just eat your food and leave me alone." The guard spun back around and headed to the door. 

"Fine. I'll just tell Jacob and Trinity that you didn't fulfill your duties as guard. You are supposed to take me on a walk, daily." The stretched the last word out. 

I could tell the guard was annoyed because he clenched his fists. He turned back around and looked at me directly in the eyes. 

"Fine. I give you your walk. But it ain't gonna be long." He pulled out his keys and unlocked my chains. He then pulled out the silver hand cuffs and strapped them on my wrists. 

"Let's go," he said. He pulled on my arm and pulled me out the door. The flood of light his my face and made me shield my eyes. 

"Put you hands down!" The guard pulled hard on my arms. 

"Jeez! Can't a guy get used to the light?" I said. He growled and kept on walking. He didn't bother to let me go. 

We walked for another five minutes when he turned me back around. When we reached the door, it was still open. The guard through me to the ground. He reached for his keys. However, when he grabbed the ring, he saw the ring and no keys. 

"What? Where are the keys?" He looked at me. "Where are my keys?" His hot breath breathed down my neck. 

"How am I supposed to know!" I said. He pulled my face back. "And get a breath mint! You smell like something died in your mouth." 

He pulled away and glared at me. "I know you did something. And I'm gonna find out why." He sat up and slammed the door shut. Before he closed the door, he pulled out a chain from one of his pockets. A lock was on the chain. He locked it on the door. 

"Don't you try and mess with me again, you filthy werewolf!" The guard stormed off to search of his keys. 

"Sucks to be you!" I whispered to myself. 

"Why?" Fang asked. 

"Because I just stole his keys. And he doesn't even know." 

Fang howled in my head. I ignored his howling as best as I could. He sounded like a screeching owl. 

"Now," I said. I pulled the keys out on my pocket. "Let's get out of this joint." 

YAY! I had originally had the chapter planned when I accidentally deleted it. But I like this one better. Thank again for @Ketakiparida for the pack name: Red Moon! Thanks for everyone who participated. You all had amazing pack names! I wish I could use all of them, but that would take forever. Anyway, leave comments and votes! 

Sorry this was a little shorter than the previous chapters, but I really wanted to get to the ending. I'll post soon!