Thirty-Two

Baleigh's POV

I gasped. No way that this is possible! Dr. Stone said his father died!

I barely had a moment to think about this new information when I was knocked down. But I wasn't attacked.

I looked up to see two wolves battling the rogues that had taken me from Collin's room.

I instantly recognized the Sandy colored wolf: Collin. Relief hit me like a wave. The other wolf's fur was a deep dark brown. It was so dark the only way I could tell it was brown was because the sunlight bouncing off of it. In the shadow, it was black.

The brown wolf finished off the rogue and looked me, wining. I took this as them asking if I was okay. I looked into their eyes and realized it was Trinity. Trinity had saved me!

She had taken out the rogue that was lifting me up, causing me to be knocked down as well. I smiled and flung my arms around her wolf's neck. "Thank you Trinity!"

Trinity gave me a bark and licked my face, making me giggle. Collin came over and nuzzled my cheek, breathing in my scent.

A shadow cast over us and I looked up to see that David guy. I narrowed my eyes at him, already getting a bad feeling.

Trinity shifted, pulling on an over sized t-shirt I didn't see before and faced the man.

His eyes widened as he recognized her. "Trinity?" She just continued to glare. "What are you doing here? You belong with us," he gestured to the wolves still fighting our pack members in the yard.

Trinity shook her head, a fire of hatred in her eyes. "Are you crazy?" She spat. "I don't belong there! I never have. Don't you see? I was there because Jacob was my mate, I went with him because I loved him. And then you - you had to go and shoot him! You killed my mate and I will never forgive that."

David looked a little stunned by her speech, but quickly covered it by making his face calm and passive. "Trinity, it was for the best. He couldn't follow orders, he let the prisoners escape. I needed them!"

Trinity opened her mouth, but I stood up, finding my voice. "Why?" I demanded.

I smiled in a sick way. "To get to you."

I heard Collin growl from behind me. "Why..." and then it all clicked. Suddenly everything is been trying to figure out today made perfect sense.

I stumbled backwards a couple steps, shocked and horrified. "You!" I screeched. "You did it! You knew my mother had money, didn't you? And when she died, you figured out the money went to me." My head spun as the pieces fell into place. "And to get to me, y-you brainwashed my father."

Collin and Trinity stared at me in shock. Apparently while I was talking, Collin had shifted and slipped on basketball shorts.

"And then," I continued. "When that didn't go as planned and I ended up being mated to a wolf, you captured him, hoping to get me when I came to rescue him." David stared at me and swallowed, and in that moment I knew I was right. So I kept going. "But then Nate escaped, and so you sent Trinity to spy on us. But we ended up rescuing Collin safely." I took a deep breath. "And so you killed Jacob."

Trinity whipped around and glared at David again. "How could you! I mean I knew you were evil, but this!"

Collin stalked over to David and cracked his knuckles. Despite the situation, it was actually quite comical. "I'm going to rip you apart!" He snarled and was about to lunge when a voice called from behind us.

"Collin, wait!" It was Dr. Stone. "Father?" He asked, coming to stand beside Trinity. "What are you doing here?"

David smiled at him and reached towards him, trying to pay him on the back. But Dr. Stone flinched away. "Son?"