Thirteen

10.2K views! Yay!! #120 in Werewolf! Bigger Yay!

Baleigh's POV

I sat on my bed, my head in my hands. It's been three days since Nate and Collin went missing and the entire pack still hasn't found them. There scent somehow disappeared in the woods with no trace of footprints anywhere.

I felt all alone again. Ever since Mom died, I felt like everyone left me. I did have Kato, but he's just a cat. I wanted a person, a friend, to make me feel whole. Collin was that person, and now he's missing.

I laid back on my bed and stared up at the ceiling. Kiera put gold stars on my ceiling. She said they make the room feel like you're sleeping under real stars. I don't see it, but I do like the extra light at night.

Kato crawled up on the bed and walked to my legs. He stepped in the opening between my legs and made himself comfortable. I sat up and rubbed his back.

"At least I got you, Kato," I said. He purred and laid on his back, a way of him telling someone to rub his belly.

I rolled my eyes and did what he wanted. I sat there for a few minutes rubbing his stomach. I thought about the last few weeks. Life was pretty good here. I haven't been going to school because Dr. Stone wanted me to get used to the lifestyle here. I think it's because he keeps forgetting to enroll me in.

I slowly started to close my eyes when Evelyn can into my room.

"Baleigh! We need you to come downstairs, now!" I shot out of bed, Kato jumping up in the air.

"Sorry, Kato!" He gave me a look before I ran out the door.

I ran down the long flight of stairs to the kitchen. I expected to see just Kiera, Dr. Stone, and his wife. Instead, I saw a tall man in his 20s. He had dark brown hair and tan skin. Next to him was a auburn-haired girl about the same age. Her eyes were a vibrant shade of green and she looked very pregnant.

I also saw someone I didn't want to see. He was the last person I ever wanted to see, and he was standing right there in front of me.

"Dad."

"Hello, Baleigh."

Sorry this one is SUPER short, but I won't leave you all hanging! I had to get to the ending really bad it was hard to find exactly what to write about. Love to have some comments!!