Getting Use To

~Chapter 14~

Leon stood seated on his couch, legs crossed as he faced the man he now knew as Albert Wesker. Jake and Sherry sat by as well, all eyes on the black pulsing veins that would go off every time the blonde umbrella leader traced one of the many once blue veins.

Kennedy tilt his head at the sight as the pulse increased the more Wesker trailed. He knew it was a sort of trigger as the blonde's eyes also continued to flash red until it seemed permanent.

"Hmm," the older blonde let out the thoughtful hum, running his fingers up till reaching the pulse beneath Leon's throat. The young agent flinched and tore from the touch instinctively. Albert laughed. "Seems my implanted virus pulls up to meet my touch, but this reaction is also a sort of self-defense mechanism." Without warning, before anyone could ask their questions the once terrorist grabbed the nearby kitchen knife from their breakfast plate and stabbed down into the soft portion of Kennedy's arm.

Sherry screamed, Jake, jumping with a cursed shout... And Leon didn't even know what. He stood there, calm, as if his body already knew the outcome. The metal knife barely touched pale flesh when black surged to the surface and the metal bent.

The room stood very silent then. Everyone in shock but Wesker and Leon. The red-eyed man looked excited, prideful at his experiment. Leon... Not sure.

Reaching out, the longer haired male traced the spot and watched as the veins came to meet the touch of his fingers then disbursed. How should he feel about this? "Cool... I guess?"

Jake let out an annoyed sound. "Cool? Seriously, man, I would expect a more terrified reaction then just 'cool'."

The now young again professional shrugs. "Yeah, but I went a little past being able to be terrified after living in this field for over thirty years... It kind of waters down each new shock when it's not very shocking."

Turning to look at the teens, Leon noticed the buzzed cut brunet was ready to argue once more and raised his hand in a 'pause,' gesture. "Jake, I'm not saying that it doesn't bother me. It does. But we can't change the now. Its done and over with. It's best to try to move on with it."

"I would not change you back even if it was possible anyway. Glad to know you are fine with this, agent Kennedy." Albert added hastily. Jakes and Sherry's eyes swerved to him and the frown carried by both was nearly engraved. Leon could tell, that the words a certain short-tempered mercenary would say was going to turn the whole situation upside down and stood up.

"Moving on, Jake. Sherry. I need you to lea-"

"Not with him!"

Leon sighs...

Lavender mixed blue look to the sterling silver of the other man's son. Jake was worried, attached, and emotional. Sherry the same. The difference is that the young woman had more experience with control over her own emotions and views. Something she will have to share with this young man in time.

"We, have things to address. You obviously can't handle a proper calm conversation with him. So until you get your emotions in order. Let us work on discovering how the virus affects me. Then you two can talk. Alright?"

Jake narrowed his gaze. "Fuck tha-"

"Ok."

Jake twist inhumanly, not a far-off description for him, to his girlfriend. Eyes wide he got up and went to hover her when she stood to and glares up at him, her soft face in a sort of scolding frown that made him look away. no words came from the two as Sherry continued to stare at the young mercenary till he mumbled a "Fine" and went out the front door.