Adjustments

~Chapter 19~

Out of the many things Leon S Kennedy would have expected following a terrorist to his secret home. It was not a small island house with a back yard pool and a homey front yard. Hell, he expected an underground bunker with an evil feeling mansion.

Nope, no mansion, and nay on the bunker.

Surprise surprise.

No, it was just a simple home. A small isolated island. Honestly, the perfect place to just up and disappear. A small lab-like-office was in the house, but it just looked like someone took work home. Nothing too big unless you count the size of the computer screen.

As Wesker led Leon throughout the house, the younger blonde logged everything. Albert watched him mostly amused if not entangled. 

So many things could be seen in that mans gaze, from the way his heart beated to each move of his body and muscles. Kennedy caught and logged it all. Everything, the world. The ocean waves, the life beneath it, the insects around.

It felt weird, new. Leon didn't know what anymore, and Wesker just kept monitoring him. Everything felt dazed yet real. Like this couldn't be his reality, but he felt too much for it to be anything else. 

Leon currently sat just outside the house, feet half inside of the small pool as he blankly looked inside. He was still trying to catch up to reality, although belatedly. Wesker gave him his time, only calling him over for monitoring or other things.

Kicking a single foot forward, Leon heard the ripple of the small wave and paused, his attention completely snared by the sound as it echoed consistently.

"I texted Jake and Sherry, they know we are both ok," Wesker said behind of the younger blonde whom only hummed in acknowledgment.

The man behind of him sighed. 

Ever since the event, Kennedy had not spoken a word. He felt unrooted and odd, and talking was just out of the picture. At least that was how it seemed. Albert was at a loss on how to handle the agent. He seemed to be on Auto Pilot? 

slowly, Kennedy looked to Wesker, bright violet eyes analyzing him before the man stood up and walked close. Something familiar sparked as the agent crossed his arms... Then smiled. That same taunting sarcastic smile the agent always seemed to wear, one brow raised, the other lowered.  His grin was crooked and entertained.

Leon, "You've been pretty good at taking care of everything, huh?"

Wesker paused, unsure on how to answer the other. It had been so long since the other last spoke that he had no idea of how to deal with the current moment. He was wide-eyed for several seconds, then narrowed viewed the next, clearly confused. 

Kennedy chuckled, then twitched to stare at the small island forest oddly. "I feel odd still, but I think..." He froze up, eyes flashing brightly as if he identified something. "I'm, getting a hang of it... Does it always feel like this? Like everything is around you, touching you? Never quiet..."

Wesker slowly nodded his head, grasping the agent's chin to turn him to his-self, sure to have the other complete attention. "Not for me, but I've lived with my mutation longer. Yours is different. You might be more sensitive to things I am not... Have you felt any mental changes?"

Kennedy seemed to think for a moment, his head trying to twitch to stare at the forest again but held still by the other. His brows furrowed and he seemed bothered, but he didn't force his way out of the hold.