Trouble in wake

~Chapter 15~

The sound of an alarm.
Annoying.

Rising from his bed, Leon hears the exaggerated creak and sighed. He was going to need a new bed soon.

Shaking his head, he reached for the alarm. Fingers graze the top, crawling into an elevated button and push down. But the noise didn't stop. Again, clicked, no end. Blinking blearily, he looks to see it's only 4 am...

"Shit!"

Jumping off his bed, Leon tossed shits and stumbled to the front of his computer when a screen turns on and he dropped to the floor.

(How the hell did the hack it!? Why didn't Hunnigan warm me?)

Kennedy stood on the floor for several moments, thinking of who could have hacked his device to spy threw it. He didn't have it aimed toward his bed, and the alarm still warned him. But the house may give clues he had not bothered to check. He usually unplugged the screen and left it be... but he didn't yesterday. Someone had destructed him and now he regrets that the man did.

The palms of both of his hands were placed below him and just over the sides of his chest. Ready to elevate him the moment the alarm told him, his silent watchers have left.

The time drawer on and Leon was beginning to grow impatient. This wait not ending as soon as he would hope. If they could just lea-

"Leon, I know that you unplug everything when you leave a place. I know your here."

Amethyst eyes grow wide as the owner realized that voice. Out of all the people... Out of all the times... Now?

"Leon!"

Sighing, the blonde pushed off the floor and rose to stand in front of the screen, arms crossed and face hidden by his hair.

"Chris... you couldn't just ask Clare whatever you want to ask?"

The man in the camera moved, his brows furrowed, moving close to each another as they lowered, squinting brown eyes.

"I did, and she was worried... what up with you? You look-"

Leon sighed. He can't hide it from his friend. The brunet already hacked his computer and Clare spoke to him.

Letting out a frustrated sound, Leon put his fingers through his hair, pushing blonde strand back and behind his ears before looking back toward his friend. The shock was there, very present. And Leon knew he needed to explain himself, quick.

"My virus re-activated, and to cancel it out someone inputs another... I don't know how to explain or what to do really. But I'm currently not human." He quickly voiced seeing Chris nearly jump out of his seat. Putting his own hands up he shushed the man.

"It's complicated Chris. I can't stay on this long and the president can't know. It would be bad for me, already is but trust me when I say it will get worse."

Chris was seeming to get more upset, his scowl very obvious.

"Leon, don't you think it would get better? They can help you. The need to. You're their top agent. Top priority-"

"No, not anymore."

Silence.

Sighing, anxiety growing, Leon ran his hand through his hair again. "The new president has been keen on ending my life... and if he finds out I'm mutated now... what do u think he will do?"

Redfield stood silent. The lack of a reaction begins to bother the younger.

Shaking his head softly, Leon looks back up to see Chris, expression, his face pinched in a sort of distress... So the man already had a good idea of what would happen if the government found out... Then again, even Pearce knew. That's why he stood in that sub. He knew he couldn't return.